Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Product Reviews by Truckers for Truckers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers-32/)
-   -   paper towel holder (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers/35476-paper-towel-holder.html)

Bumper 09-11-2008 03:45 AM

paper towel holder

anyone using something other than a stretched out wire coat hanger to hang a roll of papertowels from your overhead area on a freightliner?

not sure if my company wants me drilling holes into their truck.....

thanx

Rev.Vassago 09-11-2008 04:19 AM

Re: paper towel holder

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumper

not sure if my company wants me drilling holes into their truck.....

thanx

I just talked to your company. They said, and I quote, "Drill away."

or was that "put the drill away"? I can't remember. Oh well.

Double L 09-11-2008 04:25 AM

The only trucks I know to have a paper towel holder built into the truck was/is the Freightliner FLD120/Classic XL.

Rev.Vassago 09-11-2008 04:46 AM

You know, I never thought of putting a paper towel holder in my truck. I kind of like that idea......

Bumper 09-11-2008 02:13 PM

Thanks Rev. I know a man of the cloth would never lie to me......

Drew10 09-11-2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
You know, I never thought of putting a paper towel holder in my truck. I kind of like that idea......

:shock: :shock: NOOOO!!! Dont do it!!!!!
For the sake of the truck. You will burn it to the ground..... :P :P

Double L 09-11-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew10
Quote:

:shock: :shock: NOOOO!!! Dont do it!!!!!
For the sake of the truck. You will burn it to the ground..... :P :P

News anchor: We're live at a truck stop where a truck caught on fire mysteriously. The driver Rev Vassago says he was only installing a paper towel holder when it sparked and started a fire. Previously he had an incident with his generator that caught on fire but didn't do any damage. :lol: :lol:

Rev.Vassago 09-11-2008 05:43 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I will never live that down, will I?

Double L 09-11-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I will never live that down, will I?

Hell it could have happened to anyone but since it didn't hurt anything or cause damage so it's ok to joke around. 8)

Oakdancer 10-31-2008 08:27 PM

Yeah..

I hang mine on a short bungee cord stretched between a couple of the cargo net attachments over the bunk. This not only keeps the roll handy, the slight tension against the sleeper wall prevents the roll from spooling off into my bed while I'm moving.