Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Product Reviews by Truckers for Truckers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers-32/)
-   -   Huggies Disposable Washcloths (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers/34464-huggies-disposable-washcloths.html)

Jumbo 07-04-2008 12:56 PM

Huggies Disposable Washcloths

I found these in the baby section of Walmart. There are 20 in a box and they have the soap already in them so all you have to do is get them wet and wash up then rinse off. The box of 20 was like $3.50.

Rev.Vassago 07-04-2008 01:02 PM

Waste of money. Just go to the baby section of Wal Mart and buy a case of Baby Wipes. A heck of a lot cheaper, and they work extremely well. I've used them for everything from cleaning a pan to cleaning the truck. I think the last time I bought them, a case ran me about $10. There are 6 packages in a case, and about 100 wipes in a package.

mommee 07-04-2008 01:38 PM

I have to agree with the Rev. on those pre-soap baby towels. They are a waste of money and expensive. For me, it was cheaper to just get the baby wash and get a wash cloth. They may come in handy, in a bind, like when you don't have soap to shower.

If you need something that's a little more heavy duty than an ordinary baby wipe, Pampers makes one called "Clean and Go". They are thicker than the average wipe and keep moist for a long time in their container. And they smell nice too.

Quote:

I've used them for everything from cleaning a pan to cleaning the truck.
I don't know if I would eat off of that pan. Those wipes have a lot of chemicals on them.

dobry4u 07-04-2008 02:29 PM

I would think if the baby wipes' chemicals were safe enough for a baby then I would imagine it would be fine to use to clean a pan that is used to prepare food.

mommee 07-04-2008 05:59 PM

I hope you rinse out the pan afterwards.

Uturn2001 07-04-2008 06:37 PM

I am sure someone will have something to say about me chiming in on this topic.

The Huggies disposable wash cloths will provide a "deeper" cleaning than your basic baby wipe. Kind of like taking a shower instead of a "spit bath" with a single gallon of water. They are preloaded with a mild baby soap designed to be wiped off instead of rinsed.

Yes they are a lot more expensive than baby wipes, but IMHO, they make a good backup to baby wipes if you would happen to find yourself in one of those situations where grabbing a shower has to be put off for more than a day or two. The baby wipes work well though for for those touch ups if you only have to skip one day of taking a shower.

Jumbo 07-04-2008 07:01 PM

I don't use them all that ofter so the expense isn't a problem. I like them because after I am done cleaning up I can just throw them in the garbage and not have to deal with a wet washcloth or having soap. I mainly use them when I am done tarping. I keep a gallon of water and a box of these in my side box.

mommee 07-04-2008 08:44 PM

If you think about it, baby wipes were meant to clean a baby's bottom not their whole body. :lol: :lol:

headborg 07-12-2008 03:56 AM

don't know if they are the same things you're talking about- but they used to sell these pre-wetted disposible washcloths-- you put the package in the microwave for a few seconds--- and presto-- hot washcloth-- I think they were made for nursing homes... hospice use.

but they worked pretty good....trouble is I haven't been able to find any in a long time( and that doesn't mean-- I've gone without a shower in the interm :lol: )