Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Product Reviews by Truckers for Truckers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers-32/)
-   -   Well I bought a TOSHIBA Laptop................ (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers/31855-well-i-bought-toshiba-laptop.html)

bibcheese 01-16-2008 01:54 AM

Well I bought a TOSHIBA Laptop................

Bought a Toshiba Laptop for $449.00 at Best Buy. Pentium 2300 duo-core , 1g ram, 120 G HD. basically a throw away, I told the sales clerk their that also. He just looked at me . iNSTALLED CO-PILOT 9 and got a blue screen. cant believe it. go figure. Oh well I hope this isnt a sign of things to com.

BanditsCousin 01-16-2008 03:21 AM

And this has to do with information on a trucking company, how?

Smart ass comment aside, congrats on the purchase. I've always had one, even if my starter laptop was an outdated Dell I bought for 100 bucks. They are great on the road.

zipy46 01-16-2008 03:34 PM

www.truckmiles.com

will give you practical mile truck routes

headborg 01-16-2008 07:16 PM

Re: Well I bought a TOSHIBA Laptop................

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibcheese
Bought a Toshiba Laptop for $449.00 at Best Buy. Pentium 2300 duo-core , 1g ram, 120 G HD. basically a throw away, I told the sales clerk their that also. He just looked at me . iNSTALLED CO-PILOT 9 and got a blue screen. cant believe it. go figure. Oh well I hope this isnt a sign of things to com.

did the BSOD read anything with the words/filename: AR5211.sys ????

were you connected by chance to the TA wifi? when you got the Bluescreen?

mbadriver 01-19-2008 12:18 PM

Re: Well I bought a TOSHIBA Laptop................

I prefer HP/Compaq. Never liked the Toshiba's. Don't care for Michael Dell.

Notebook is the only way to go. Eliminates carrying a TV/DVD player. FWIW, you can get a TV tuner for your notebook for about $20. Plugs into your USB.

Run a cassette adapter, or AUX cable to your radio and you get the full use of your cab speakers. Depending on your radio you can get surround sound. Only way to fly.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bibcheese

PA 01-19-2008 05:34 PM

Got an old Dell that works most of the time.
When I upgrade it will have a tv tuner.

Them Other Truckrz 01-19-2008 06:24 PM

we have had a Toshiba Satellite M45-S265 with Sprint Internet on the truck since September '05 and it has been Solid as a Rock...and still working great! Good Luck with yours!

DaveP 01-19-2008 06:29 PM

I picked up a Toshiba Satellite L-45 S7409 late last year and loving it.

mbadriver 01-19-2008 08:21 PM

Acer has some nice stuff out there at decent prices. Every few years I hit staples and upgrade to whatever HP has the biggest rebates.

RE: TV tuners. Think about getting an external versus and internal. gives you more flexibility (less cabling) and they are dirt cheap. I even run my sirius through the external tuner.

You can leave the coax connected all the time and just run a splitter for the evenings at idleaire.

Just my two cents.

Any laptop that works is a good laptop. I won't pay for internet on the road. I do enough when at home.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveP
I picked up a Toshiba Satellite L-45 S7409 late last year and loving it.

Jackrabbit379 01-19-2008 08:56 PM

I dont know the model number, but I also have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. Nice computer. Fast, too and lots of memory. I just forget how much. :shock: