Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Product Reviews by Truckers for Truckers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers-32/)
-   -   slingbox? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers/21791-slingbox.html)

Sheepdancer 05-09-2007 04:47 PM

GREAT!!!!! Ive been looking for some software which will allow me to watch 1000s of channels in other countries in a language that I cant understand. Ive heard Bulgaria has some great sitcoms!

Malaki86 05-09-2007 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
GREAT!!!!! Ive been looking for some software which will allow me to watch 1000s of channels in other countries in a language that I cant understand. Ive heard Bulgaria has some great sitcoms!

ROFLMFAO!!!

ben45750 05-12-2007 05:23 AM

Re: SlingBox

Quote:

Originally Posted by GyspyGold
SlingBox is okay but if you already have a laptop, and if you don't, you should considering it is a 100% TAX write off, then I suggest leaving your TV at home.

Most everyone I talk to always says they don't have enough storage space as it is. Throw the TV out the window and take a look into this. It's the best investment I have ever made for my truck, and I am writing it off on my taxes as well because it has news and weather for routing purposes.

Its Satellite TV for your PC with 4000 channels. And no, its not a membership or subsciption service that you have to pay monthly fees. I paid $99.95 for the software, downloaded it, installed it and started watching TV just like that.

I got News, Weather, Movies, Radio Stations, Educational stuff, Shopping, Kids programming, Sports ( I never miss a football game anymore because I'm not at home or the dang truckstops won't turn it on )

Anyhow, heres a link to the site.

Http://www.SatelliteTVOnMyPC.com

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I also got one of those $59.00 home theater systems from walmart on my truck with 2 tiny speakers and I put the subwoofer under my bunk. Hooked it up to my computer and it makes the movies sound awesome and the radio stations Rock!

SPAM SPAM SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy is soooooo full of :dung:

THIS SERVICE SUCKS.... I KNOW I WASTED $50.00

If you enjoy news clips.... there is NO streaming video from any tv station it is all video clips of CRAP!!!

rustylugzz 07-18-2007 05:45 AM

slingbox

we just got the slingbox and are quite happy with it finally we can enjoy the cable tv we pay for every month and were only home 4 days a month to enjoy it

headborg 12-14-2007 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86
Quote:

SlingBox is okay but if you already have a laptop, and if you don't, you should considering it is a 100% TAX write off, then I suggest leaving your TV at home.

Most everyone I talk to always says they don't have enough storage space as it is. Throw the TV out the window and take a look into this. It's the best investment I have ever made for my truck, and I am writing it off on my taxes as well because it has news and weather for routing purposes.

Its Satellite TV for your PC with 4000 channels. And no, its not a membership or subsciption service that you have to pay monthly fees. I paid $99.95 for the software, downloaded it, installed it and started watching TV just like that.

I got News, Weather, Movies, Radio Stations, Educational stuff, Shopping, Kids programming, Sports ( I never miss a football game anymore because I'm not at home or the dang truckstops won't turn it on )

Anyhow, heres a link to the site.

Http://www.SatelliteTVOnMyPC.com

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I also got one of those $59.00 home theater systems from walmart on my truck with 2 tiny speakers and I put the subwoofer under my bunk. Hooked it up to my computer and it makes the movies sound awesome and the radio stations Rock!

The poster fails to mention that most of the channels that you'll receive are crap. They also fail to mention the fact that you need high-speed internet to watch streaming video.

If anyone buys this, I'm going to hunt you down and pee in your fuel tanks!!!

don't pee in my fuel tanks....I downloaded a cracked version of the software from demonoid.. and tried it for free.....you're 100 right--nothing but crap channels(if you could call them channels) and shitty hangup video(slow streaming speed)

headborg 02-09-2008 03:34 AM

Hey, I'm gonna get a slingbox---
can someone tell me---- can I watch one channel out here remotely(slinged) and what happens if my Wife changes the channel on the dishnetwork receiver back home?? other words can we watch different channels??? at the same time- without a remote control WAR or will I have to again pay an additional $5.00 for a seperate receiver-- which I could always mount anyway here n the truck and skip the slingbox.

rustylugzz 02-09-2008 03:52 AM

yes you need a second box if ya dont wanna battle over stations

headborg 04-03-2008 06:02 AM

Well I got a slingbox and hooked it up last couple nights- in eager anticipation of of the upcoming start of Battlestar Galactica final season- can't say I'm very impressed with the remote streaming via Cingular/AT&T aircard GPRMS/EDGE- atleast right here in my own darn backwoods location-

seems a -80dBm(3 bars) isn't enought to keep the video from hanging up- pathetically - Guess I'll have to hope for a 3mbps( 3G) connection-- right place/right time.

headborg 04-08-2008 03:01 AM

an update on my slingbox connection via AT&T aircard with Wilson Antenna connected.

well with all 5 bars(signal) the slingbox works/plays video for me without hanging up....usually reads 150kbps-180kbps sometimes spikes to 200kbps- the resolution is low res- but you can makeout a pretty good general idea of what's going on.

On a side note-- with a LAN WI-FI connection-- it works awsome- with 1200-1900 kbps streaming speed.

flood 04-08-2008 03:34 AM

Quote:

SlingBox is okay but if you already have a laptop, and if you don't, you should considering it is a 100% TAX write off

are you saying that with the tax write off it's free....!!