Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Product Reviews by Truckers for Truckers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers-32/)
-   -   Wireless Internet - Is it worth it? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers/14888-wireless-internet-worth.html)

seanet126 06-04-2007 11:10 PM

verizion

verizon works great, only a few spots it does not work. not high speed but acceptable. here is a great example, just a few days ago we were going through tx. and there was tornado warnings. logged on to the nws- ridge doppler site and watched the storm live. we were able to stop far enough away to let the tornado go by in front of us. would not have been possible if we did not have mobile wireless!

trux 06-11-2007 12:44 AM

I'm using the Sprint U720 USB aircard. $59 and change per month. So far works well. One thing I like to use it for is finding a place to turn around after a wrong turn in someplace like Chicago. I just zoom in on the neighborhood with GoogleEarth and check out what's around.

I also used GoogleEarth in New Jersey. When the map doesn't show whether a road cross is an over/under or if it's one level with stop lights you can zoom in. You can also see if there's trucks on the road to verify a truck route.

So far I'm real happy with it.

Doghouse 06-30-2007 10:18 PM

I use T-mobile $29.95 a month unlimited,..its slow sometimes, but I just got a wilson cell signal amp. that should speed things up,...I'll let you know.
Right now I'm useing the air card in O'Hare because they want you to pay for their wireless signal,....cheap bastards.

dbkevindb 09-08-2007 06:08 PM

I have acer , theres an antenna inside, never used cards lol.

countryhorseman 09-09-2007 03:21 AM

Since I got my Sprint Aircard, I have not had any reason to use the WiFi at the trucks stops. It comes in handy when using GoogleEarth to look at an area or keeping in touch with friends and family when sitting at a jobsite for an early morning delivery. At 59.95 a month it is worth every penny. Oh, did I mention being able to get instant weather information, priceless.

tdriver1959 09-11-2007 01:50 AM

I have a T Mobile card. There are areas where it dont work but for the most part have no problems with it.. Sure beats having to be at a truckstop. Can be at a customers dock for several hours and have service with it.

Raafi 09-15-2007 10:35 AM

i did the flying j and i did the siricomm

nothing beats my sprint wireless novatel

except when you hit some dead spots and get download speeds of 8kbps

many times, i get over 100kbps downloads, i would say the average is about 50kbps

but those wifi's at the truckstops didnt work for me

plus you have to stop at THEIR truckstop, and sometimes, i drive late and there are no spots, so i am stuck at a rest area or other places

Bandit102 10-31-2007 04:26 AM

I've used Verizon aircard for about 2 years now. They're getting better service all the time. I don't have any speed or connection complaints at all. I love it. I use it all the time in the truck, loading, etc. I'll never be without it.

MoneyCat 12-05-2007 10:06 AM

Is there nothing for cingular/at&t ? I mean, no one has experience using it with them?

myminpins 01-19-2008 11:11 PM

I got an air card for USA - Verizon and one for Canada - Bell - and used them constantly on the road. Definitely worth it for me since I was the passenger so wanted to be online 24/7.