Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Product Reviews by Truckers for Truckers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers-32/)
-   -   CB Radio (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers/14682-cb-radio.html)

Born and RaiZed 09-04-2006 04:27 PM

Way to do your homework before you buy there guy!

LMAO..

Jackrabbit379 09-04-2006 04:31 PM

Galaxy is a good radio. Lots of bells and whistles.

wilb67 09-04-2006 07:52 PM

Just remember all 10 meter export radios are illegal.!!! If it doesn't have an fcc sticker or plate on the back it's illegal.

oregontrucker 10-01-2006 06:27 AM

Okay, question for all the CB-knowledgeable guys on this thread........
I've seen small, inexpensive Midland and Cobra radios on sale at TA
for around 29 or 30 dollars. Are those sufficient for your average ch. 19
2-way communication? And are they good quality? Or should I get something more expensive?
Also how much should I expect to spend for a radio that gets NOAA
weather reports? Thanks in advance 8)

heavyhaulerss 04-28-2007 04:20 AM

for all c.b. info go to www.cbradiotalk.com

04-30-2007 02:07 PM

this is just my opinion, but if you are going to buy a radio..think big. yeah some people say that you do not need but think of this. you are lost somewhere needing help, but the little POS radio you bought to save money is not getting out over all of the garbage. now what, someguy is trying to help you but you cannot hear him, or he cannot hear you. remember, your radio that is built big to transmit is usually built big to recieve as well. just my opinion. I run a general lee doing about 60, and when i need some help a 250 watt kicker...but sometimes i can just aggravate if the mood strikes me.

heavyhaulerss 04-30-2007 02:31 PM

go to www.cbradiotalk.com for all c.b. questions. they have a for sale c.b. too by individuals too.

heavyhaulerss 04-30-2007 02:51 PM

i have a gen lee & a ts 350 kicker. & one day while trying to get around a 10 mile backup some one 7 miles away lead me every step of the way around it. i never saw the driver. without my big radio i never could have made it. i would have had to sit thru back up. my pred 10-k also helped.

04-30-2007 04:22 PM

amen brother

jegzus 05-26-2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss
i have a gen lee & a ts 350 kicker. & one day while trying to get around a 10 mile backup some one 7 miles away lead me every step of the way around it. i never saw the driver. without my big radio i never could have made it. i would have had to sit thru back up. my pred 10-k also helped.

I run a general lee that runs at about 100w transmit with no kicker and I get ouot 15+ miles all the time. You don't need a kicker if you let someone who knows what they are doing tune your radio and antenna.