User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2018, 08:03 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Garmin dezl 770

I finally made the jump away from the onboard Navigo system.

I went with the 770 due to the largeness of the screen and traffic heads up. I can mount it at the top of my windshield in a legal position and use voice commands if need be. I do not have the camera version.

Pros: large screen, traffic delays, recalculates automatically if you go away from its set route, time of arrival is spot on, exit signs for your exit are computer generated but the pop up looks almost exactly as it looks in real life in front of you on a sunny spring/summer day

Cons: if another driver near you has the same model or uses the same traffic update system and decides to run 35 in a 65, it shows as a delay and tries to route you around it. Roads not off limits to trucks will pop up as a non truck route the moment you turn on it and keep popping up annoyingly even if your stop is before you get to a spot that is off limits. Roads that are off limits to trucks will show as a legal route.