User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2010, 02:04 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default My Solar Power

If someone designs one like this for 18 wheelers they will make a bundle of money.

Solar Generator - Amazing Solar Generator Is Like Having A Secret Power Plant Hidden In Your Home
Old 02-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

What's to design?

Go to Harbor Freight, get a number of solar panels, a bank of 12 Volt batteries, and an inverter. During the day, the panels charge the batteries, and at night you've got all the power you need.

Might be able to use a helium balloon to take the weight back off the wheels.:smokin:

Old 03-25-2013, 02:34 AM
Board Regular

You can save a lot of money buying solar cells off of ebay in bulk and building your own panels doesnt take that much knowledge or math but it DOES take some so if youre a dumbass dont try.
You can stop having power bills forever for under 10k. Probably under 5. An even better solution is wind (it's Much cheaper per kwh). Wont work everywhere though obviously as .. well you need wind. You can buy them or build your own. Building your own is actually more complex than solar. There are national maps of wind down to the zip code that will tell you if it will pay off.

I honestly dont understand the trucking industry. A bank of backup batteries wired to supply sleeper power and some solar panels on top of dry vans would replace apu's cost less and require zero diesel. But then the trucking industry is like a retarded dinosaur.. theyre just now starting to barely catch on that the guys who live in trucks want something nice to live in... though theyre still a bit dense on that (which is why volvo came out of nowhere and kicked the big boys ass).
Old 03-27-2013, 04:00 AM
Rookie

watchin my nephew soldering solar cells together a while back. wow! none for me thanks. I picked up a solar panel a few weeks later, thought about his troubles and smiled. NO broken cells from ebay for me thanks!