User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default PC Miler 430 software patch available

Just an FYI.

ALK posted a downloadable update today for the PCM430 that corrects several bugs - including the "Illinois" bug. It is NOT the V23 map update.

IMPORTANT: IT DOES NOT APPLY TO PCM440 540, 740, OR THE 430'S THAT ALREADY HAVE THE NEW SOFTWARE ON THEM. Those that already have the new software have this fix built-in so DON'T do this update if your unit is any other model, or if it says "Data: ALK.NA.2009.3.2.3.1" when you check your current version in the "About CoPilot" screen.

If your unit already has an SD memory card inserted on the right-hand side then you need to take it out and copy the update file onto your card. If it does not have a card in it, you need to get a 2G card and put the file on it. The easiest way is to just use a laptop or a desktop with and SD card reader on it. You format (erase) the card and put the new files on it. Or you can do this right to the unit with a USB patch cable from a laptop or desktop computer.

The link to directions and software is: PC*MILER Navigator 430 software patch
Old 10-09-2009, 01:46 AM

ALL PCM 430 units - free V23 software update now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, ALK has shifted gears again this week in an effort to get all users onto the new map software. As I have said, I did thousands of miles and address checking on the software update that came out in July so that I could advise you whether it was "worth it" and still stand by our conclusion that it is very much worth it. That assessment has been backed up by many of you here as well.

ALK is now giving away this update for free. All you have to pay is $15 to cover the cost of the new SD card and the shipping. Anyone who paid the $99 for this software will be getting a certificate in the mail for he 2010 update for free.

This is NOT the "bug-fix" update that I originally posted above - this is the full software update plus maps. It is well-worth $15 if your software does not say: Data.ALK.NA.2009 when you go to the "About CoPilot" screen in the settings, then this update is what you need.

As I have stated previously (and many of you have rightfully complained about) I would have preferred that they did it this way when this update came out 2 months ago. But it's still great news none the less.

Their site to order it at is: PC*MILER Navigator V23 free update

- Don