User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default WorldNav 7400 GPS

Purchased my WorldNav 7400 last Monday 02/21/2011. Online specs were awesome & advertised capabilities made it a Truck Drivers Dream come true. To top it off it actually fit into a drivers budget! It arrived that Friday, 02/25/11, evening via UPS. Cost $349.00 /w shipping and included a leather protective case. Very Impressive unit! I excitedly pulled out the manual & fired that puppy up! Well, it took awhile, actually quite awhile. I had grown accustomed to the old Magellan Roadmate, which only routed for autos. I would say the boot process was par with an XP computer loaded with startups, (means slow, know what I mean). Ok so it starts slow, as long as it doesn't lock up, like Streets on a Laptop and you have to reboot while driving, then that can easily be overlooked in view of all the features the 7400 has. Ok, bootup done and went to Navigation page. I love that large screen! I can actually see the detail without reading glasses! Kinda safer for driving ya know. Put in my old address and it could not find it! Magellan did so whats up with that? WorldNav uses Navteq maps, dunno what Magellan uses. Well, got an address it would find and voila, touchscreen locked up! Called tech support and talked with Mat, very personable & he did all he could, but, will have to wait until Monday for higher level tech support to resolve issue. Meantime I have a very pretty, but, non-functional GPS device. I intend to keep an open mind. I know that all gear has some failure rate. Here is where the rubber meets the road. Tomorrow I will experience firsthand WorldNav product support. I will keep you posted.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Rookie

I talked to Arlene at tech support this morning. We did a factory reset and everything seemed to be functional. After 30 mins the 7400 locked up again searching for the intersection of Kidd Ln. & PGA Blvd in Palm Beach Gardens. That was around 09:00 this morning. Tech support is supposed to call with a resolution.

Tags
7400, gps, teletype, worldnav