User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel27208 View Post
yeah but what is the best kind to buy? like i said i need one that cancels background noise very good....i drive a freightshaker!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you just want an ear piece, then it is pretty good, but pricey. I think the Blue Eagle headset is the best for canceling noise but, for just an ear piece I think Jawbone is good. There is a Panasonic model out there that I think Malaki86 was happy with. I can't remember the model number. HTH
Old 03-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Rookie

I used the original Jawbone for a year. Was pretty good, until you are in a really noisy environment, then you can't understand the person you're on the phone with. They might understand you lol. Even with the window rolled down and driving, I had a hard time hearing someone.

Switched to a Motor Trend 4x, and I like it much better. Have the volume set about half way, and it's plenty loud. Much louder than a Jawbone. It was basically free, thanks to Pilot driver points.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Any on the ear style BT device is going to be hard to hear because of the design. The jawbone uses the vibrations of your speech not just a mic, so you could be in a hurricane with sirens going off and all the other person hears is you, though you wont hear them . I really am not a big fan of the looks of the headset style ones, but I am thinking of getting a maxx4 or parrot.

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Old 03-15-2009, 02:43 AM
Board Regular

Got a Jawbone about 3 weeks ago. Very disappointed! Was told I sound like I am in a well, when I switched and let a friend call me with him using the Jawbone, sure enough it sounded hollow and echoing, like you were in a well. The reason they give you 4 replaceable loops for your ear is not because of size, I have already had one break.

Unfortunately I got it at Love's, they will only exchange for equal or greater priced item and at $129 I'll lose money to switch with anything they have so I am stuck with it!
Old 03-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Rookie
Default Motor Trend BT4000

I bought the most expensive Motortrend 4x headset available at Pilot. When it was paired to my G'zone Type S (the phone that's waterproof, dust proof, vibration resistant...a.k.a. 'dispatcher attitude' proof) it worked great. The bad thing, my G'zone died, and I upgraded to a Blackberry (name brand, not a blackberry-like smart phone) and this headset sucks. I have done everything I can find online to adjust the settings, and everyone can barely hear me. I can hear them just fine, but I have to yell in order to be heard. I have read on the Blackberry forums that this is a common problem between many noise canceling bluetooths and Blackberry's. So if you have a Blackberry, don't buy Motortrend, other headsets rated higher, but if you don't have a Blackberry, it's a great unit.

The jawbone 2 is the headset with the best overall opinion ratings. But the secret is(as it's been stated) you must adjust it properly. They say the little rubber part has to be touching your face, and no facial hair.

Last edited by supersnackbar; 03-22-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Senior Board Member

I got the Cobra CBTH1 at the Pilot about a week ago. Everyone says I sound crystal clear even when I am going down the highway with the windows open and the radio on and the CB going, no one hears anything in the background. As far as my end, I can hear the person very well, though it sounds hollow, but from all of the other BT devices I have tried, it is byfar the best.

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Old 03-25-2009, 05:23 AM

Please dont waste your money on a Jawbone for trucking! It is good around the house but for trucking, no way! I have owned two and I use a Blue Parrot in my big truck and LOVE it!

Just My Two Cents!! Hope that helped!

"Big Red One" , 3rd ID, 82nd Airborne, Recondo, Jumpmaster, & Drill Sergeant

OOIDA
Old 03-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersnackbar View Post
I bought the most expensive Motortrend 4x headset available at Pilot. When it was paired to my G'zone Type S (the phone that's waterproof, dust proof, vibration resistant...a.k.a. 'dispatcher attitude' proof) it worked great. The bad thing, my G'zone died, and I upgraded to a Blackberry (name brand, not a blackberry-like smart phone) and this headset sucks. I have done everything I can find online to adjust the settings, and everyone can barely hear me. I can hear them just fine, but I have to yell in order to be heard. I have read on the Blackberry forums that this is a common problem between many noise canceling bluetooths and Blackberry's. So if you have a Blackberry, don't buy Motortrend, other headsets rated higher, but if you don't have a Blackberry, it's a great unit.

The jawbone 2 is the headset with the best overall opinion ratings. But the secret is(as it's been stated) you must adjust it properly. They say the little rubber part has to be touching your face, and no facial hair.
I have an update on this headset...I may not be my Blackberry after all. If I am sitting somewhere and there is no background noise, and since my company has put a APU on my truck, no engine noise, this headset has a problem with making me too quiet. The other day, I tried it while rolling, and it worked fine. I guess without background noise like wind, or the roar of an engine (my company installed a TK APU and it runs real quiet when sitting) this thing cant tell your voice from what little other noise is in the truck. But when there is ample background noise, it filters just the noise out and leave your voice alone. Guess I'm gona' have to turn on the radio real loud when someone calls so they can hear me.