User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default The Blue Parrot Blue Tooth

Quick question for those that have one, is the noise canceling ok on the normal model of the B250-XT or should I go with the XT+ model for better noise canceling?
Old 02-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Senior Board Member

dont have any experence with this one.. but i highly sugest the bose.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:02 AM
Board Regular

I have the XT and from what I've been told it works well.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:56 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The new XT+ version has stronger noise suppression and is only 20 bux more.
How much of that claim is marketing the new product? The additional suppression is suppose to be good if you are in windy environments.

...or maybe a firefight.

Mom... I'm kinda busy right now... can't you hear the gunfire? ...lemme call you back...okay?

Old 02-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Board Icon

Yeah I saw that Roadie and was wondering if it was worth the extra $15 on Amazon if the noise suppression was slightly better. My decision is made, stick with the XT because I don't run with my windows down and anything is an improvement over the tiny little bug I have now. I can't hear who's on the other end at all and they can hardly hear me.

Then again, you never know when you might drop into a firefight............maybe that XT+ is worth it
Old 06-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Did you go with the regular one or the plus model Ford?

I just noticed this thread or I might have asked sooner. I took delivery last week of the regular xt model and I've had trouble connecting with it. I guess I just got a lemon, I'm sending it back. The one time I was able to use it, it worked very well though. I could hear the person I was talking to very clearly.

I might try the plus model now.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Board Icon

Sorry Michigan totally forgot about this thread.

I ended up with the higher end model and absolutely love it. I had a re-think, what if I'm on a piece of equipment? The noise cancel is out of this world, I was on a skid steer loader with the rpm's pegged just gettin it all the while on the phone talking with my dad. He had no clue I was on the loader until I told him. I was wearing it on our curbmachine with it just revved up to the max, can't hear a thing at the end of the day because your right in the heart of the noise. Called the office to tell them I needed another load of concrete added on, talked in a normal indoor voice and they heard me crystal clear, the guy standing right beside me had no clue what I was saying though. The hidden gem, if you have an iPhone with music on it or a Pandora/iHeartRadio app, you can play it through the head set if you don't have a line in cord hooked to your stereo. If a call comes in, the music cuts out until your off the call then it comes right back on. If you make a call though you have to manually turn it back on. Works great for my truck since I can't hear the radio normally, I can turn an app on and listen away. Of course if you get stopped by the cops you can quickly "kill" the music by simply holding the power button down and they are none the wiser.

It does make you look funny with the headset on. It took me a few days to get used to having it on my ear, my ear actually started hurting. Personally I like to wear a hat when I'm using it, it's not the most comfortable thing without the hat, gives me a headache. With the hat on, I sometimes I forget I'm wearing it unless I have music playing on it.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Sorry Michigan totally forgot about this thread.

I ended up with the higher end model and absolutely love it. I had a re-think, what if I'm on a piece of equipment? The noise cancel is out of this world, I was on a skid steer loader with the rpm's pegged just gettin it all the while on the phone talking with my dad. He had no clue I was on the loader until I told him. I was wearing it on our curbmachine with it just revved up to the max, can't hear a thing at the end of the day because your right in the heart of the noise. Called the office to tell them I needed another load of concrete added on, talked in a normal indoor voice and they heard me crystal clear, the guy standing right beside me had no clue what I was saying though. The hidden gem, if you have an iPhone with music on it or a Pandora/iHeartRadio app, you can play it through the head set if you don't have a line in cord hooked to your stereo. If a call comes in, the music cuts out until your off the call then it comes right back on. If you make a call though you have to manually turn it back on. Works great for my truck since I can't hear the radio normally, I can turn an app on and listen away. Of course if you get stopped by the cops you can quickly "kill" the music by simply holding the power button down and they are none the wiser.

It does make you look funny with the headset on. It took me a few days to get used to having it on my ear, my ear actually started hurting. Personally I like to wear a hat when I'm using it, it's not the most comfortable thing without the hat, gives me a headache. With the hat on, I sometimes I forget I'm wearing it unless I have music playing on it.
Good review - thanks bud.

That settles it, I'll get the good one as soon as I have a few extra dollars.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:19 PM

Good review, but still not a comparison to the regular XT. I have the XT, not plus, and my wife can't tell if I'm parked or driving. No truck noise at all.

A few years back I had one of those tiny ear bugs too. It went in the garbage quickly when I got home one time and heard a message that I left on my answering machine, and couldn't even understand myself on it.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Rookie
Default My B250-Xt headsets have a 20 hour talk time now, just like the plus models! (YAY)

I have two B250-XT headsets and one of the B250-XT+ headsets. I have my drivers using the B250-xt headsets nad they love them. I ran across a website where a guy has been selling extended life batteries that bring the talk time up to the same 20 hours as the B250-XT+ models at EXTENDED LIFE BATTERY for Blue Parrot B250-XT,B250-XT+ & BT900 / HS393 Headsets and they are working great. In fact, he even sent me a free replacement foam cover for the microphone to boot! I highly recommend them because he has a 1 year warranty on top of it all.