User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 12v vacumns

anybody tried one of those 12v vacumn cleaners? Are they any good? Or am I better off with awhisk broom and dust pan. The seeds are startin to pile up!
Old 07-11-2008, 04:12 AM
Senior Board Member

the little red canister vac- I picked up at T/A does suprisingly well for a 12volt- as long as you use it on rubber floor mat-- not so hot on carpet.--
best bet is to get a boot brush/ mat for your running board--and try not to track much IN the truck to begin with.

For carpet-- you got to get 110v -- dirt devil or small shop vac. Also, good is the Green Machine Steam cleaner--- although finding hot water can be a challenge-- I used my 12v coffee pot to heat water for it.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:30 AM
Senior Board Member

I used the Roadpro vac with the beater brush when I used to truck with my dog. It did very well picking up the fur that dog shed.

It was model RPSC-813 and if you go to http://www.das-roadpro.com/roadpro/ then follow the links to the catalog and then to vacuums you will see which one I am talking about. I never did have much luck with any of the other 12 v vacs.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the info-Ihate to buy anything and then have the hassle of returning it. All I be vacuming is the floor mats-so it sounds like it will work
Old 07-31-2008, 08:47 AM
Senior Board Member

The coleman one I bought worked, but would take me forever. I bought a $40 vac from walmart that runs on the inverter (800w) and is at least 3x as good as one at the Blue Beacon.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: 12v vacumns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORPLINER
anybody tried one of those 12v vacumn cleaners? Are they any good? Or am I better off with awhisk broom and dust pan. The seeds are startin to pile up!
I bought a little 12v vacuum on clearance at Big Lots for $5 one time and the damn thing worked great.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:21 AM
Rookie

12v vaccums part 2: These Vaccums Really SUCK :!NOT!)- tried the roadpro one with the beater brush-3rd time i plugged it in the brush quit turning-BACK IT GOES!!! :x (I'm sure it was just a belt or something-but didn't want to deal with fixing it)Now I'm trying the cannister one-less moving parts!(K.I.S.S.) But with both of these fine pieces of equipment-does anybody at roadpro actually test these before they sell them to the public.On the 1st one the accessories hose was so loose in the hole it lost half its suction and kept poppin out! Now with the cannister one- you can't pull on the hose because it will pop out of the hole.Duct tape to the rescue! (Again) Iguess that this is the last Roadpro product I will buy-3 strikes and their Out of my truck!!! Is there a brand that usually is better quality when it comes to 12v stuff? Getting frustrated with this crap!
Old 08-21-2008, 04:22 AM
Rookie

12v vaccums part 2: These Vaccums Really SUCK :!NOT!)- tried the roadpro one with the beater brush-3rd time i plugged it in the brush quit turning-BACK IT GOES!!! :x (I'm sure it was just a belt or something-but didn't want to deal with fixing it)Now I'm trying the cannister one-less moving parts!(K.I.S.S.) But with both of these fine pieces of equipment-does anybody at roadpro actually test these before they sell them to the public.On the 1st one the accessories hose was so loose in the hole it lost half its suction and kept poppin out! Now with the cannister one- you can't pull on the hose because it will pop out of the hole.Duct tape to the rescue! (Again) Iguess that this is the last Roadpro product I will buy-3 strikes and their Out of my truck!!! Is there a brand that usually is better quality when it comes to 12v stuff? Getting frustrated with this crap!