User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 2 Reviews, Garmin 660nuvi GPS and Sprint Wireless Internet

So anyway I picked up the 4.3 inch screen Garmin nuvi 660 that was on sale since the new model came out, was 450 bucks at best buy. This thing ROCKS. It routes so quick and is spot on every time. Out of like 30 trips its only failed me once (couldnt locate street the shipper supposedly was on). If you miss a turn or decide to go another way it will recalculate to get you there. The voice prompts is load enough to hear with the truck going and music playing, very nice. Says the name of the streets and shows it on the map. All the streets display names. Can zoom out, look around the map, click any town or road and click go to. Can search for parking in any town and will display rest stops and gas stations (i just look for pilot, flying j, etc.) very nice.

Sprint card with the sierra 595u card. supposedly the faster cards with the fastest provider but im getting similar to dial up speeds. am able to play online games tho. great reception almost everywhere
Old 02-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Senior Board Member

If you're in/close to large cities, you'll get much faster speeds. Right now I'm in Baltimore, MD and downloading a movie at 185k/sec on my Sprint / 595u combo.