User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2008, 03:18 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

on day 2 of this battery life- field test of the new blue parrot battery... still working.. but still no LONG..LONG..LONG conversations.-- requiring a 12v recharge..
Old 05-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Senior Board Member

I use a Plantronic headset. I charge it up on Sunday eve in the truck when I park. Other than that one charge per week, I have no probs with it.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:28 AM
Senior Board Member

ok-- the battery gave out this evening at 8:30 pm during a long 2.5 hr converstation-- so that's about 3 days standby/ talk time before recharge of the Blue Parrot-

so the Blue Eagle-- does beat the Parrot by leaps and bounds( Days & hours)

now, I'll see how long it will work off a 12 cig charge.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:19 AM
Senior Board Member

well this is the pits.... BOTH the Parrot & the Eagle are starting to give me problems holding a charge from the 12v cig/lighter . Eagle still holding out for little over a day-- heavy use. But the Parrot is dropping after 3 or 4 hours & failing to go to standby sometimes( or maybe, I just forgetting that I have to disconnect "hang up" the calls with the button on the headset.)
Old 09-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Does anyone know where to send the Blue Eagle headset for repairs now that Interstate Connections has gone out of business?
Old 09-03-2009, 04:35 AM
Board Regular

Flying J still sells the Blue Eagle. Look at a package there, and see if you can't find the contact info. Mine broke, and that was right about the time IC closed, so I bought a Blue Parrot to replace it. By the way the new Blue parrots are awesome, they compare to the Blue Eagle as far as battery life goes.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
Flying J still sells the Blue Eagle. Look at a package there, and see if you can't find the contact info. Mine broke, and that was right about the time IC closed, so I bought a Blue Parrot to replace it. By the way the new Blue parrots are awesome, they compare to the Blue Eagle as far as battery life goes.

Yeah, I have a new Parrott BT-250XT -- it is improved + mike boom is far tougher than the Eagle + more comfortable. Yet, the power time is still better on the ol broken down Eagle( only thing broken is the weak mike boom) and the mini-usb charger connection on the Eagle is much better than the parrot.

But, atleast I can still send my old Parrott off to Connecticut to get it fixed..

Yeah, I found that New IMproved Blue Eagle II at Flying J and yes-- I saw the name of the company that's making it... but forgot to write it down- problem is the company is located in China!
Old 09-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Board Regular

Blue Parrot customer service is awesome. Mine broke, I have only had it for about 3 months, it was great on my end, but others couldn't hear me good.

Called them, got a return authorization, and they sent a replacement before I returned mine. Had a new one in 2 days.

We fixed the old Eagle headset for a spare. Superglue and some kind of epoxy, I don't know what he used to fix the broken boom. Mine broke clear in half almost back where it is connected to the rest of the head set.

If your battery life is not as advertised, call them, because mine well exceeds the other one. Or if it is within exchange period take it back to where you bought it and exchange it.

Last edited by Sabine; 09-17-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
Blue Parrot customer service is awesome. Mine broke, I have only had it for about 3 months, it was great on my end, but others couldn't hear me good.

Called them, got a return authorization, and they sent a replacement before I returned mine. Had a new one in 2 days.

We fixed the old Eagle headset for a spare. Superglue and some kind of epoxy, I don't know what he used to fix the broken boom. Mine broke clear in half almost back where it is connected to the rest of the head set.

If your battery life is not as advertised, call them, because mine well exceeds the other one. Or if it is within exchange period take it back to where you bought it and exchange it.

Guess I could try the super-glue route on the Broken mic boom problem( on the Eagle)- but still the boom swivel is so loose the mic won't stay up in front of your mouth-- very poor design. I found the name of the company that's marketing the Blue Eagle II in US. It's Pana-Pacific out of California. If anyone can get me a lead on the actual manufacturer they should be able too (if they will). Since it's practically the same design-- they sould be able to fix it.( If they would ).

Yes, agreed VXI( blue parrott) customer service is pretty nice. I've already returned my origional model to them.. this will be second go around.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:24 AM
Board Regular

My mike won't stay up in front of the mouth anymore either, I just bend it up to where it needs to be. My better half has my brand new Parrot while I am at home recuperating, so I am using the old one again, and it does work, despite superglue, some kind of silicone (it's blue) and just bend it in the shape I need it.

It ain't pretty, but it does the job.

I still don't know who makes them, despite hours of research. I don't like the blue beacon light on the parrot, my boyfriend would like the blue eagle because of the very bright blue light on the parrot, but I can't see wasting more money on a product that will have no customer service to support it.

It looks like the boom is still the same on the eagle 2 as on the first one, which is the main weak point on this.

If I ever find more info, I will let you know.