User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2008, 03:27 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
Sorry to hear that :sad: (no pun intended). Hopefully after the exchange you'll get a good one . Have had mine a few months, works great everytime.

well, made the exchange today at ICC- New Paris, Oh (petro)---so far it's great---this one is working and 8.5hrs of on/off talking time same charge---at least one 2hr sustained connection---yes, this seems to be living up to their 15hr claim. I do believe the Parrot is slightly softer/comfortable resting on my ear-- But since it's battery is crap---this seems to be the ticket-- the noise canceling is excellent- no one can tell the truck is running.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Good, glad to hear it (pun intended this time).
I have to keep in mind how much talk time/standby time has elapsed between charges. Couple times Id forget about it and loose the battery in the middle of the conversation. Gotta agree bout the headband. They could have been a little better. Dont get me wrong they are ok, have worn it many hours both in the seat and in the bunk. Pros and Cons on everything.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Good, glad to hear it (pun intended this time).
I have to keep in mind how much talk time/standby time has elapsed between charges. Couple times Id forget about it and loose the battery in the middle of the conversation. Gotta agree bout the headband. They could have been a little better. Dont get me wrong they are ok, have worn it many hours both in the seat and in the bunk. Pros and Cons on everything.
day 2: same charge/no recharge

couple calls today- AOK

it's slightly less comfortable both the padding on the ear piece and the extra 3/4in in length below the earpiece---guess my neck isn't long enough--kinda rubs collar---but I can get used to it....this is a fine product so far--still need to get around to reprogramming my phone for voice dial--and test the call waiting(if it has that feature)

So everyone go out and get themselves a Blue Eagle!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:39 AM
Board Regular

can someone tell me where you can get the Blue Eagle. I am a local driver and have been searching for a bluetooth headset that works while in a loud truck.

Does anyone know if they have them at the 49er T/S in West Sacramento?
Old 02-09-2008, 02:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
can someone tell me where you can get the Blue Eagle. I am a local driver and have been searching for a bluetooth headset that works while in a loud truck.
Blue Eagle is a product of Interstate Connections, (IC)http://www.interstate-connections.co...ndex.asp?id=55

They are at alot of the truckstops as a stand setup in the truckstop or as a small retail store inside the truckstop. They are not associated with the truckstop itself, but rent or lease the space from them. Mostley at the TA's and Petros.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:21 AM
Senior Board Member

wife reports today- VXI mailed back a new/ repaired Blue Parrot-- I sent in my old one so they could repair/replace that defective battery( with the 1hr lifespan)-- guess when I go home and come back out-- I'll be able to field test this UPGRADE......but I got to say.... I'm doubting it's gonna match this Blue Eagle or even come close( except in comfort)
Old 04-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Senior Board Member

It will be interesting to read your "field test" of the Blue Parrots new battery.

My Blue Eagle is still doing great. I tend to forget all about charging the Blue Eagle because the battery last so long. Then either it disconnects itself from the call or if Im not on a call I notice it disconnect from my phone.
I have found an issue with it though. The "hinge" point on the boom doesnt have stay snug any longer, and am unable to change the booms arch. Fortunitly the boom is bendable if needed. Got to find a way to snug the hinge on the boom.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
It will be interesting to read your "field test" of the Blue Parrots new battery.

My Blue Eagle is still doing great. I tend to forget all about charging the Blue Eagle because the battery last so long. Then either it disconnects itself from the call or if Im not on a call I notice it disconnect from my phone.
I have found an issue with it though. The "hinge" point on the boom doesnt have stay snug any longer, and am unable to change the booms arch. Fortunitly the boom is bendable if needed. Got to find a way to snug the hinge on the boom.
yeah, I don't think it will come even close to working as nice as the Eagle-- but got to give it a try- at least they shipped one(or it) back to me... the only complaint i can find with the Eagle is -- it smashes my ear and that leather padding hurts & the longer length body sometimes rubs against your neck- if you try to turn your head side to side or dip your chin.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
the only complaint i can find with the Eagle is -- it smashes my ear and that leather padding hurts & the longer length body sometimes rubs against your neck- if you try to turn your head side to side or dip your chin
I dont get that....mine seems fine, very comfortable for hours on my head. Ear piece padding is fine, and doesnt rub my neck at all when I move my head. However, the head band and the its rubber end piece opposing the ear piece becomes slightly irratable after long period of time over my head. Just got to adjust is from time to time.
The "Lazy" boom mike is going to bug me till I find a way to resnug it.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Ok, Blue Parrot Field test report-

first I started by charging it a full- 3 days while home from AC wall outlet-

it came with instructions to make sure to charge the battery for a full 12 hours before first use.

these instructions also instruct the user to make sure to disconnect every call by pressing the button on the headset.

This morning a 8am I connected the parrot to the DC car charger and charged until I had the greenish/yellow light.

at 10am I paired the Parrot to my phone and began testing...

3 maybe 4 phone conversations today( the usual Buddy driver -- that I can count on for being extra long winded as I-- is busy today and could only be counted on for couple short conversations)

it's almost 8pm and is still showing connected to phone--- which seems to be a great improvement over the old unit-- in standby time-- old unit never seemed to switch over to 'standby'---

the comfort is much better than the Eagle( at least to me) wore it ready most of day.

probably be Saturday before I can really give the 'talk time' a good workout.