User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Truckers Chain Up Tool

I live and drive in Colorado and like many of you, have crossed many nasty passes in both US and Canada. I'm just a driver, this is not an ad, just thought I would share something I have found to be a pretty great but hard to find to chain up tool.

I know..no one LIKES to chain...if they say they like it they are lying...it just aint fun. But when you WANT or HAVE to, this is so nice...even for the pros that throw iron multiple times a day. Again, I'm just a driver and have no reason to "promote" the Truckers Chain Up Tool other than it makes the whole process so much faster and eaiser...for about $50...it's a no brainer!

Check out the Truckers Chain Up Tool at: http://www.chainuptool.com/index.html

They are available in single, triple rail and even super single tires. This company needs to do more advertising, they are hard to find, hope it helps, let me know what you think!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Board Regular

I replied in the other forum you posted this too, this "looks" like a neat thing at first, however when you think about it, it will take almost 4X the time to chain up. I take my chains and drape them over each wheel with the end sitting next to the tire, all 4 at once, then drive forward and hook them up. With this, you either can only do 1 at a time or pay 4 X the $49.00 and buy 4 tools.

Looks nice, probably ok for someone that only chains once a year but if you have to chain very often, I think this will stay in the box!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Default Chain Up Tool

They are sold in pairs, $50 if for two, that's all Colorado requires but in other states you can do the other two manually or take another 5 minutes to do any others. National Carriers are claiming its cuts time down about 75%, that's been true for me and I know how to throw iron with the best of them. Again, just trying to help...you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.