User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Malaki86...so you just routed a usb (extra long) cable from the remote screen thru to your computer in the sleeper? Did you run it behind shelving or under the liner etc to make the cabling less obtrusive?
Old 08-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomon
Malaki86...so you just routed a usb (extra long) cable from the remote screen thru to your computer in the sleeper? Did you run it behind shelving or under the liner etc to make the cabling less obtrusive?
There's 2 cables running from the sleeper where my laptop is to the front of the truck. There's the VGA extension and USB cable. Both are 15' long. I put them both into a split-loom harness (looks like a split roll of quarters, basically). I then just ran that along the passenger side door, behind the passenger seat and into the bottom of the cabinet on the right side of the sleeper. Unless you're looking for it, you really don't see it.

I had to order the cables because no one had them in the length I needed locally. I think I ordered them from TigerDirect. The main thing was the USB cable. Because of the length it was hard locating it. The 4 port hub that's on the dash is very small (just enough room on it to plug in 4 plugs) and it's unpowered. The USB extension then plugs into a 7 port powered hub in the cabinet, which then plugs into the laptop.