Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Garmin 7200

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothpick
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobguy
Really cant say anything negeative about the 7200, it will seem a little pricey, mine was on sale at Fry's Electronics for $890 but worth every penney. Customer support is also great, I accidently broke the glass screen and Garmin replaced the entire unit for free...no questions asked.
Couldn’t I just buy a laptop for a fraction of the cost that would allow me to not only use navigation software and also multitask, but also allow me to do instant messaging, send and receive emails, cruise the Internet, check weather, watch movies, download music, plus a myriad of other things. I mean can you do any of those other things with your Garmin 7200?
I can dismount it and put it in my pocket. Can you do that with your computer?
My laptop stays in the truck. The only thing I need to take into the house when I get home is my portable hard drive which, yes, does fit in my pocket.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:20 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Really cant say anything negeative about the 7200, it will seem a little pricey, mine was on sale at Fry's Electronics for $890 but worth every penney. Customer support is also great, I accidently broke the glass screen and Garmin replaced the entire unit for free...no questions asked.
Couldn’t I just buy a laptop for a fraction of the cost that would allow me to not only use navigation software and also multitask, but also allow me to do instant messaging, send and receive emails, cruise the Internet, check weather, watch movies, download music, plus a myriad of other things. I mean can you do any of those other things with your Garmin 7200?
My fully functioning stand alone GPS fits in my pocket. It can be used in someone else's truck a rental car, whatever. If I need it for longer than about 9-10 hours I can easily take the mount and powere cord too.

My laptop stays in the truck. The only thing I need to take into the house when I get home is my portable hard drive which, yes, does fit in my pocket.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, but in my case I fold up my laptop and put it into my carrying case first. Piece of cake.