User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2007, 04:37 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default T-Mobile Dash

I just received my new T-Mobile Dash. It has a full keyboard, with access to the Internet with Bluetooth capability. It is a small compact phone. I have set up my Email and have use it to log onto CAD.

I brought my laptop a couple of weeks while out with my trainer. It was just too much of a pain. I'll still bring it, I just won't use it until I have plenty of time to use it. I'll use the Dash for most of my Email and to check on CAD, banking, etc.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:57 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: T-Mobile Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
I brought my laptop a couple of weeks while out with my trainer. It was just too much of a pain.
Why :?: :?:
Old 02-11-2007, 05:17 AM
Senior Board Member

I am with a trainer, I have limited space. When I used it while moving down the road I had no convenient place to put it down. TMC doesn't allow converters, the batteries don't last long enough to be worth while. I wanted to use Microsoft's Street and Trips, my trainer uses Garmin c330, he could plan our route faster than I could, with as much accuracy. I had more detail, especially if I was connected to the Internet. I am going to invest in a Garmin nuvi 680 when they finally come out in April. Computers are somewhat fragile, comparatively speaking. When I, eventually, start my MBA, my computer will be invaluable, for now, while working, I'll use the space saving and simpler devices and save the laptop for my downtime when I have more time.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
TMC doesn't allow converters, the batteries don't last long enough to be worth while.
Just buy the little cigarette lighter inverter for laptops, I bought one at walmart for 20.00. I see them at truck stops all the time, they work great for powering a laptops.

Old 02-15-2007, 05:04 AM
Senior Board Member

i have been using this laptop for 18 months i a truck and it works just fine.
i have it sitting in a www.ram-mount.com on the pas seat so it is right at my fingers when i need it and this laptop stays on almost all the time we are out.

you are right about ms s&t (we have it) i like delorme 2007+ much better i can route a trip in less than 4min with it we can also save our trips with it so later we can check it if we need to or if we are making the same run 6 months later i can just pull it up and we are good to go.

we have it running on a cigarette lighter inverter (pocket inverter 100) it also has usb power on it to run the chillpad.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
Quote:
TMC doesn't allow converters, the batteries don't last long enough to be worth while.
Just buy the little cigarette lighter inverter for laptops, I bought one at walmart for 20.00. I see them at truck stops all the time, they work great for powering a laptops.
I misspoke, I meant to say inverter not converter. It doesn't matter to TMC how large it is or if it plugs into a cigarette lighter, it is still forbidden.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Senior Board Member

I have been using my Dash, it is a handy little device. I like being able to check my emails and logging online. I do not like the volume touch strips nor the actuall volume. At it's loudest settings it is not very loud. When I start using my bluetooth device that problem will be fixed. I do have problems posting on CAD. I type my message and it will not post it. I have tried directly posting and using the spell check feature and posting from there, nothing I do will make it post. This is strange because I can access every other feature. I'll keep trying to figure this one out.