User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2007, 03:47 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Has anyone got this yet? I got a catalog from Cabelas but no microwave. :evil: I think they are messing with me. :shock: And now I really don't care if I get the thing or not its been to long....
Old 07-05-2007, 01:48 AM
Senior Board Member

I just received an email from [email protected] apologizing about the delay and announcing the release of the WaveBox in late July.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:26 AM
Rookie
Default microwave

we use 3 gel cell elec wheelchair batts 12v. wired in paralell with a 2000 watt inverter and charge em with a trickle type 3 amp car charger working off the smaller inverter that swift allows you to use in there vehicle 69.00 dollar microwave george forman grill and 4 cup coffie maker all work fine
Old 08-17-2007, 01:21 PM

Well I got a phone call from Cabelas. From what they told me they cannot get these and are no longer selling these microwaves.... So guess that answers my question if im ever going to get one haha
Old 08-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Rookie

hi gang!! well try this one out. Koolatron Portable Microwave Oven - MIC20 ok heres the links

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007VW910/...0&linkCode=asn

http://cgi.ebay.com/Koolatron-Portab...QQcmdZViewItem

if some one buys this let us all no how well it works !!
Old 01-17-2008, 12:34 AM

I just sent a message to the wavebox people to see when they will be in stock. did you all ever get one?
Old 01-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Board Regular

I use the lunchbox cooker. It can make just about anything. I rarely use a microwave, even at home. Next is a hot sandwich maker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbruner305
I have called and spoke to the manufactors of the wavebox and learned a little more of how it works. when it is plugged into 110volts it has 600 watts but when it is plugged into the cigarette lighter it only has 175watts. Not a lot of power but is still better than the alternatives. especially when you cannot use the big inverters. Mine is still backordered but I will update when it comes in.
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:40 PM

the wave box people sent me an e mail...

We very much appreciate your interest in the WaveBoxTM – the worlds first and only portable microwave lunchbox!

The WaveBox retails for $USD199.

Unfortunately, the wait for the WaveBoxTM in the United States goes on due to final pending approvals from the FDA. The final approval date is unpredictable because the FDA works on a schedule that is theirs alone. We are hopeful that we will be able to ship in the next 45 days, but we really cannot predict the FDA timing – it could be longer. Rest assured, the WaveBoxTM is a safely built, well performing product, and the FDA approvals are close to completion.

To note, we are currently selling the WaveBox in European markets, and will be in touch with all of our European customers who have been waiting shortly. All other major global markets, including Canada, will be served in the next 2-3 months.

Once we receive FDA approval, we will email you to advise that its time to order your first-off-the-production-line WaveBoxTM. At that time, you may enter your credit card information and actually pay for a WaveBoxTM. You have no obligation to do so, but we will hold your premier delivery spot in line for 30 days after we are ready to take orders. We will also announce at this time any retail locations where you may find the WaveBox.

Thank you for sticking with us – and we look forward to sending your WaveBoxTM soon.

Regards,

Tim

The WaveBox Team