User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2006, 02:44 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
So if you have an aircard and you go over 5GB you have to pay a fee?
It depends. I would wage a guess that if you just slightly went over for one month, they would give you a written warning. If it becomes a pattern, then they cancel your contract. I know people who have gotten their contracts cancelled for running a webcam.

Perhaps someday, as the technology improves, they will have the available bandwidth to allow streaming video, webcams, etc. on a wireless connection, but the total bandwidth that they currently have does not support this.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Senior Board Member

I have a slingbox at home and use my Sprint Aircard or my Sprint cell phone , PPC 6700, to view TV. I have been using both for about 3 months without so much as a word from Sprint. Heck, the box for the PPC 6700 and Sprints own website indicate that slingbox is compatible with their phone and service.

Just checked my lifetime date use for my phone and in 4 months I have accumulated just over 24GB of data usage.

Does this mean I will not get a letter? Does this mean Rev is wrong? No of course not. But for now it has been great.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Board Regular

If there's a Sprint bandwidth limit, I haven't hit it. :wink:

I use the hell out if it.

-p.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Default Sprint Broadband

Sprints Wireless Connection has no limit. I am an ex sprint sales rep and know from experince. What you are looking at is home service. As far as there mobile broadband is unlimited. For $59.99 a month you get unlimited bandwidth. That is if you have a voice plan with them. If not it runs you $79.99 a month. You can buy bandwidth limited connections threw them also. But there is no restriction on the 59.99 a month plan. I use mine to shoot video while I am driving for my kids. I use over 15GB of bandwidth every month easy. Hope this clears somethings up.

Happy Holidays

Loaded Like A Boxcar, Drive It Like A Stock Car
Old 01-26-2007, 04:24 AM
Rookie

Just go out and buy a TV card..I bought mine for a hundred bucks.. Plugs in via USB. Hook up an antenae to it do a quck scan for local channels and viola!! Instant TV..Now of course reception is only as good as your antenae or the area your in but thats the same for any TV..Get a satelitte hook up and yur good to go..I use Pinnacle and it comes with a remote too
Bill
Old 03-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Board Regular

The Rev may be a little wrong. The Sprint site he quoted from is the RESIDENTIAL service. Sprint DOES offer DSL type service in some areas for HOME users, not the broadband card users. They may be limited, but the post by the Rev neither proves or disproves this.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:41 PM

All of the major carriers have used this threat since the invention of the data card. If you have singed up for the UNLIMITED BROADBAND service through your carrier, your service is Technicly, UN-LIMITED. This means you can stay connected 24 hours a day, all month with normal website, e-mail useage.

The grey line becomes visible when people stream, download, upload large amounts of data. This is why you won't find an actual figure to the bandwitdh your allowed. Streaming video, audio or up/downloading large files puts a strain on the network. Though staying connected 24 hours a day say, just to keep AIM or Yahoo IM open, doesn't use large amounts of data, and puts little to no strain on the network.

So feel comfortable staying connecting as long as you like. Just keep away from large downloads. Things like a song here and there, and the occasional vdeo from a joke site is no issue. But when you fire up the webcam to broadcast your 11 hour drive, you gonna get a call.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Senior Board Member

One thing I have noticed with my Verizon card is that if I leave it connected but unattended for a short period of time (not sure how long, never timed it), it disconnects itself