User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I've been very pleased with TA's wifi.. I have been at the farthest side of the lot and got good reception.. Every ta I stopped at no matter where I parked I got on. Best part is I just use my road king card to pay for the internet 20.00 a month deal.. Also some shippers will have unsecured wifi. I cant picture my self signing a contract or paying 60 a month.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtc_Is_Hell
I've been very pleased with TA's wifi.. I have been at the farthest side of the lot and got good reception..
Now that's the first time I've heard that... TA was always the worst of the bunch from what I found. In fact, the TA's with the best reception were always the ones with the rouge Flying J antenna up...

If you're constantly stopping at the same chain, then using the truckstop wifi is a decent deal. I tended to hop around though, and paying $20 a month at Flying J, Pilot, AND TA got expensive when you totaled them up. Heck, for the same figure, I have a card through my cell carrier (Sprint), and get signal anywhere my phone does... even at shippers or rest areas. Sure, it's a two year contract, but if you end up relying on the wireless like I do, it works out better in the end.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Default t/a wi fi

the nice thing about their wi fi

is you can pay for it with roadmiles

unlike the flying hook

it only takes me an hour to do email

and they will give you an hour for 149 roadmiles

the last time i used it

it may be more now

449 roadmiles for 24 hours

i like putting on 80gal of company paid fuel which is doubled to 160 in jan

and getting a free hour of wi fi
Old 01-26-2007, 04:17 AM
Rookie
Default Verizon

Verizone does not require a 2 year ageement if you use your verizone phone as the modem rather than a network card. I am currently using it now. And while I would NEVER recommend verizon for anything cus they are money hungry penny pinching..well you get the idea. anyway, All in all I have had VERY little problems with the WIFI side of it..I get connected just about anywhere I am at a minimum of dialup speeds. When I am in bigger cities and surrounding areas some upwards of 60 miles out I am in digital which means I get much faster speeds seeminlgy typical of lower DSL speeds.. It costs 60 bucks a month and like I said since I use the phone no contracts..When I get a call I can answer talk hangup and it reconnects automatically. Or I can just hit the ignore button and keep on surfin..

Bill
P.S. I have never had good luck with any of the truckstops WIFI..Unless your practically sittin on top of that antanea forget it. And you have to either pay the high daily rates or hope your next stop has the same connection your paying 20 bucks a mnth for
Old 01-29-2007, 01:12 AM
Rookie

I have a razor3 phone with edge. usb connect to my pc. 2yr contract $53
works great . wfi is ok but why paid $6 to $9 for 24hr if you only want to go online to check weather.

h
Old 01-29-2007, 01:42 AM

I use the "J"s wifi and have been very happy.Sign up yearly and it ends up costing just over $16 per/month compared to most phone service cost of about $50.$600 vs.$199 a year,I can do plenty with $400 that's more fun then the net.There service works in a lot of non "J" places too,right now for example I'm at Jubitz all the way in the back corner with a full signal.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudawg
I use the "J"s wifi and have been very happy.Sign up yearly and it ends up costing just over $16 per/month compared to most phone service cost of about $50.$600 vs.$199 a year,I can do plenty with $400 that's more fun then the net.There service works in a lot of non "J" places too,right now for example I'm at Jubitz all the way in the back corner with a full signal.
I'm sitting at home in Mannington, WV - the closest Flying J to me would be just outside of Columbus, OH or Carlisle, PA - I don't think my wi-fi can get a connection to either of those. However, I can plug my Sprint card in and be on the internet.

I don't spend much time at truckstops, so those types of wireless connections are crap to me. I've used it a total of 3 times, and it was slower than what I had on my sprint card. For me, Sprint is the better option.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Rookie

Just a question about Connections; will the WiFi Connections, such as what is being discussed here, be able to be used with a Home Desktop PC or only with a Wireless Laptop?
I am curious, because I need to switch carriers for I Net Service, and Hubby and I are bringing our Desktop PC with us on the Road.
I need to know who the best to go with is, and from what I am seeing here, it looks like Sprint may be best choice.