User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2007, 03:45 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I dont see how a gen lee can get out 100 w bare foot. no matter what you do because of the limit on the transisiters. unless using a kicker...
Old 05-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss
I dont see how a gen lee can get out 100 w bare foot. no matter what you do because of the limit on the transisiters. unless using a kicker...

It cant, its another trucker story!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
I don't know the specifics but my friend who "built" my radio designs and builds circut boards for a living. As far as I know the board inside may not even be the original connex board.

I'm not try to tell trucker stories here but I'm just stating how my radio works. I don't use a kicker and I talk to the "big radio's" in the north east all the time. I've already had other drivers tell me that I was walking all over their buddy's radio that was running 150w's. Believe me or not that's fine, but I love my general lee.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegzus
Quote:
I don't know the specifics but my friend who "built" my radio designs and builds circut boards for a living. As far as I know the board inside may not even be the original connex board.

I'm not try to tell trucker stories here but I'm just stating how my radio works. I don't use a kicker and I talk to the "big radio's" in the north east all the time. I've already had other drivers tell me that I was walking all over their buddy's radio that was running 150w's. Believe me or not that's fine, but I love my general lee.

That connex board is the echo control board most likely! And that radio will not do 150 watts. Not trying to start anything but someone told you a story…lol Remember when someone tells you are walking on another radio don’t take that as a sign of a big radio, you may just be closer to the other person than the guy you think you are walking over!!
I have a galaxy 88 and at times I can talk all over the country, but never on 19 with all the BS going on. Skip is a wonderful thing, learn about it!!
Old 06-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Board Regular

SSOutlaw I respect what you are saying, and as I am getting into CB's as more of a hobby now when I get my own meter's and such I will test it out and see what it really does. All I know is I get compliment all the time about how loud and clear my radio is even on 19 when the "big dogs" are on the radio stirring up trouble.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
SSOutlaw I respect what you are saying, and as I am getting into CB's as more of a hobby now when I get my own meter's and such I will test it out and see what it really does. All I know is I get compliment all the time about how loud and clear my radio is even on 19 when the "big dogs" are on the radio stirring up trouble.

The radio you have is a very good radio, and sounds like it has been set up right. Just keep accepting the flowers about how good your radio sounds! Nothing better than a good sounding radio! 8)
Old 06-03-2007, 02:26 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoutlaw
Quote:

The radio you have is a very good radio, and sounds like it has been set up right. Just keep accepting the flowers about how good your radio sounds! Nothing better than a good sounding radio! 8)
Thanks Outlaw, everyone loves getting flowers when it comes to their radio's!

570 is backing on out for now, wavin' a big ol' hand from the keystone!
Old 05-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Board Regular

"i have a gen lee & a ts 350 kicker. & one day while trying to get around a 10 mile backup some one 7 miles away lead me every step of the way around it. i never saw the driver. without my big radio i never could have made it. i would have had to sit thru back up. my pred 10-k also helped."

Having a big radio is only good if the guy on the other end has a big radio. otherwise someone 10 miles away is hearing you, but they might only have 4 miles of broadcast range. Unless you can increase your reception to compensate.

Oh.

My old cobra 25 started squaking and smoking. I got it 2 years ago, and it was made in like 91, i think.

Is it worth fixing, or should i just replace it? It's not modded, and I'm not attached to it. I paid like $35 for it. I think the problem is that the internal speaker caused a short, cuz I was up until recently only using an external speaker. I'm wondering if I could bypass the problem by buying a speaker and plugging it in, or if I should just put that money towards a replacement.