User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2007, 02:00 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Winch Bars

Anyone use one of the new winch bars with the built in ratchets? I was intrigued by them. I first saw on in the magazine put out by TA. I finally saw one the other day. It looked like it would work pretty good. I didn't buy it though, it was a little pricey at $100.00. Then a couple of days later I saw a different version at Pilot. It was built on the same design as the winch bar with the rectangluar box on one end. I thought what the heck and bought it. It was $65.00. It is very heavy. It is also chrome plated. I thought if I don't like it I can sell it to some trucker who likes bright shiney objects. One design feature I like about this version is that it slides into rather than over the winch. TA's version that slides over the winch may not fit if the winch has been used hard and the holes where you put the winch has been swaged out. I've been using it for the several loads. Because it is heavy I thought it might be a little awkward. And because of the design of the winch I thought it might be difficult to put the pin in through the holes. It is, actually, quite easy to use. Even putting on each winch it is faster that the winch bar, it is really better in tight places, say when another trailer is two close. I find it has really improve my time in securing my 4" straps. Yes, it is heavy, I'm building up the muscles in my right arm and wrist. This product gets Terry's stamp of approval.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Board Regular

could you post a pic? Never heard of this style.....and ya might want to swap arms for a bit.

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 06-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Senior Board Member

From what you described, this is a standard winch bar with an end that the binder fits in, nothing new and are safer for sure...lol