Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Jobs Postings - Read Rules Before Posting! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-jobs-postings-read-rules-before-posting-22/)
-   -   take old threads off (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-jobs-postings-read-rules-before-posting/37744-take-old-threads-off.html)

bllazerhoper 04-27-2009 12:24 PM

take old threads off

man how can we take alot of theese old threads off it does not do any good if they are over a month old!

Rev.Vassago 04-27-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bllazerhoper (Post 448074)
man how can we take alot of theese old threads off it does not do any good if they are over a month old!

How do you know that for certain?

Fredog 04-27-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

what harm are they doing? if someone joins today, they might enjoy reading them

Rev.Vassago 04-27-2009 01:29 PM

The main reason I am opposed to this is because it never hurts to have trucking company information available to new members who might be looking for a job. Sure - the company might not be hiring anymore (many companies aren't), but that doesn't mean the information is useless.

I'm sure (or at least I hope) everyone here is capable of reading the date on a post to know when the information was posted. It's just as easy to ignore old information as it is to delete it.

AC120 04-27-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

WRONG!! Threads and topics take on long lives because people find them to be useful. Or funny. Or outrageous. Or whatever. Examples: the CR England threads (someone asks about CRE and they're told, "Check out all the old threads about this carrier."); HOS threads; the Kevin0915 threads.

Old info is good info. You can go back and read a particular poster's stuff (this is good if you're fightin' with 'em--you can play "You said this, you ditz!" all day). Sometimes old threads are interesting even if you don't have a dog in the fight. Information doesn't die just because it's over a month old. Sometimes an old thread gets rejuvenated--if it had been cut off after a month a lot would have been lost.

Hey, let's see how long this thread lasts. :D

Creek Jackson 04-27-2009 02:19 PM

I am pretty sure the OP is referring to the "Trucking Jobs Postings" since this is the forum he/she posted in.

Maybe having a sticky attachment to employment postings with an alert to be sure and check the date would keep some of these old posts from rearing their ugly head would help.:lol:

Rev.Vassago 04-27-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creek Jackson (Post 448086)
I am pretty sure the OP is referring to the "Trucking Jobs Postings" since this is the forum he/she posted in.

Maybe having a sticky attachment to employment postings with an alert to be sure and check the date would keep some of these old posts from rearing their ugly head would help.:lol:

Done. Thanks for the idea.