User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoProblem View Post
No, $3.33 is not a dedicated lane, it is an expedite lane with completely different set of requirements, all time extremely sensitive - these lanes typically pay extremely well - - -well, at least until truck load companies discover the lanes and then quickly drive rates into the ground.
I have had other carriers try to beat my gig by offering lower rates and more trucks and the broker always calls me because of one thing the other carriers can't beat me in.........SERVICE.......SERVICE......SERVICE. I am never late and made friends on both ends and I go out of my way to help them whenever I can. I will drop my trailer and jockey their drop trailers into the doors if they need them. I buy them all pizza a couple times a year. If I decide to take a day off they are calling the broker asking why I am not hauling their loads.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoProblem View Post

The independent who took this lane was ecstatic that it was still available. He has 3 small kids and a wife that works part time -
thats a contracted load over a year, when the cost of fuel go's up...it will... will you reach into your pockets to help this driver or oh well you took the contrack ?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogBook View Post
thats a contracted load over a year, when the cost of fuel go's up...it will... will you reach into your pockets to help this driver or oh well you took the contrack ?
When fuel spikes, we negotiate with carrier and certainly we pay the additional cost - sometimes at a loss until we get customer to cough up the difference. That's all in the contract.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Board Regular

I know this thread is old but this guy is full of crap. He actually doesnt know the difference between oo and company pay. He thought 300 a week was a HIGH truck payment...... seriously. He thinks you "have to go through government red tape" to fix your credit... the .gov has absolutely NOTHING to do with your credit rating other than regulating the ratings agencies. The only people ive ever heard of regularly paying over $3 a mile and with dedicated runs are .mil/fema etc. Im thinking this is joebob who decided he's open a brokerage out of his basement based on what he read on the internet. Maybe even signed a contract for that load that he didnt have the driver for and came here terrified he was about to lose his ass to contract penalties.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdreid View Post
I know this thread is old but this guy is full of crap. He actually doesnt know the difference between oo and company pay. He thought 300 a week was a HIGH truck payment...... seriously. He thinks you "have to go through government red tape" to fix your credit... the .gov has absolutely NOTHING to do with your credit rating other than regulating the ratings agencies. The only people ive ever heard of regularly paying over $3 a mile and with dedicated runs are .mil/fema etc. Im thinking this is joebob who decided he's open a brokerage out of his basement based on what he read on the internet. Maybe even signed a contract for that load that he didnt have the driver for and came here terrified he was about to lose his ass to contract penalties.
LOL

You should take your comedy act to YouTube. The sad part is there are a lot of drivers with your mentality, IOW, don't have a clue.