Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Maintenance (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-maintenance-26/)
-   -   Who to Get radiator core from , who is who (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-maintenance/44801-who-get-radiator-core-who-who.html)

couponjohn 07-02-2014 01:07 AM

Who to Get radiator core from , who is who

I need to replace my Mack ch model radiator and been surfing the net and calling some people but there are a few of them that people say to stay away from because their cores will leak , fall apart , or have complaints with the BBB, who could you people recommend to purchase a radiator core for a Mack ch that is giving you a product that wont fall part in 1 year or leak right out of the box ?

Maniac 07-02-2014 06:49 PM

Got mine from Truck Radiators: Radiator for Heavy Duty Trucks | Truck Radiators Pennsylvania

couponjohn 07-02-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac (Post 531168)

I will give them a call in the morning... anyone else?

mndriver 07-03-2014 06:02 PM

Pull the radiator and take it to your local radiator shop. You'll be glad you did.

couponjohn 07-03-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mndriver (Post 531176)
Pull the radiator and take it to your local radiator shop. You'll be glad you did.

I pulled it and took it apart the radiator shops around here a way to pricey for the core only..

mndriver 07-03-2014 10:45 PM

Check with a boiler repair shop. We have a welding shop that rebuilds steam tractors and does a nice job too.

FleetCooling 05-15-2019 01:35 PM

Ultra-Fused Radiator Core

Quote:

Originally Posted by couponjohn (Post 531164)
I need to replace my Mack ch model radiator and been surfing the net and calling some people but there are a few of them that people say to stay away from because their cores will leak , fall apart , or have complaints with the BBB, who could you people recommend to purchase a radiator core for a Mack ch that is giving you a product that wont fall part in 1 year or leak right out of the box ?

If you have a copper/brass bolt on core, try an Ultra-Fused replacement core, rather than a simple solder tube to header joint, each tube is tig welded to the header plate. These cores are expected to last a million miles and have a 2 year warranty as opposed to the industry standard 1 year. I have a flyer that shows the test data with the number of thermal cycles vs a standard radiator core as well as an application listing with the most popular trucks by dimension. Message me and I'll send it to you if interested.

If your radiator is aluminum and plastic and you end up buying one of the many copper/brass replacements out there, be sure NOT to use the recommended OAT extended life antifreeze. The OAT is designed for aluminum radiators, and will eat the lead out of the solder on a copper brass radiator and will leak within months.

If you visit fleetcooling.com/custom-cores, there is a core measurement wizard with detailed instructions to measure your core, so we can determine exactly what you have.

John Schneider
www.fleetcooling.com