Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Maintenance (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-maintenance-26/)
-   -   Where can I get a wooden trailer floor repaired? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-maintenance/43086-where-can-i-get-wooden-trailer-floor-repaired.html)

MichiganDriver 10-14-2012 06:04 PM

Where can I get a wooden trailer floor repaired?

Ya know how trailers usually have a piece of steel running across the floor from side to side right at the door to absorb the abuse as forklifts enter? Well, mine doesn't have that and the floor is starting to fall apart. Do you know of anywhere I can get it fixed close to St Louis (where I am atm) or in SE Michigan? Or anywhere else really. I'm probably heading east or northeast from here.

GMAN 10-14-2012 09:06 PM

Most any trailer dealer should be able to help you. They would more readily have the parts on hand to make any repairs.

MichiganDriver 10-14-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN (Post 517397)
Most any trailer dealer should be able to help you. They would more readily have the parts on hand to make any repairs.

So I just do a search for Utility and bingo? Sounds too easy. :) Thanks GMan.

GMAN 10-14-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganDriver (Post 517398)
So I just do a search for Utility and bingo? Sounds too easy. :) Thanks GMan.

Great Dane or any of the dealers may be able to help. If you have a Utility then I would start with them, but unless the parts are proprietary, then any dealer should be able to do what you need.

MichiganDriver 10-15-2012 09:00 AM

I was thinking I needed to find a place like the little trailer repair shop on rt 7 in Hubbard (Youngstown), OH, just north of Truckworld. I stopped in and talked to them back in July when I could see this problem coming but I didn't have the funds and I haven't made it back that way. They seemed like nice people though.

LogBook 10-15-2012 09:00 PM

put a pic up so maybe we can give you a good sulution to your problum witch maybe to take it to a trailer shop..

MichiganDriver 10-16-2012 11:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LogBook (Post 517450)
put a pic up so maybe we can give you a good sulution to your problum witch maybe to take it to a trailer shop..

Good idea Logbook.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1160[/ATTACH]

The damaged area is about 9" or 10" long.

Scottt 10-19-2012 03:32 AM

I just had a new 2' threshhold put in my trailer at Central Trailer Service in Altoona Iowa for a little over $400

MichiganDriver 10-19-2012 10:14 PM

Now I know it's called a threshhold. :) Did they have to replace any wood or is $400 just for the steel and having it installed?

Scottt 10-20-2012 07:14 AM

My trailer had a 1' threshold and it was really banged up and the wood was starting to chip away, so they just put a longer one in and covered up the chipped wood. No new wood....$400 for the threshold and I think they put it down with 32 self tapping screws into the cressmembers.