Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Maintenance (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-maintenance-26/)
-   -   Trailer problems....... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-maintenance/42402-trailer-problems.html)

marcel27208 03-26-2012 11:00 PM

Trailer problems.......

Ok heres the deal.......A few months back while inspecting my trailer, i noticed that my manual dump valve line had a small leak in it.....I said ok ill fix it later. Well 2 months later i remembered it[leak wasnt that big but audible]. So i buy the line and i notice that my air bags arent inflated. Those 2 months were really rough, i think i know what spring ride feels like now. So i replace the line with the hole in it and turn my dump valve back on and air bags dont air up........air is running through the system but my air bags arent airing up??? Any solutions????

P.S Its good to be back!! Ive disappeared from this website for a few years....

Orangetxguy 03-27-2012 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by marcel27208:
Ok heres the deal.......A few months back while inspecting my trailer, i noticed that my manual dump valve line had a small leak in it.....I said ok ill fix it later. Well 2 months later i remembered it[leak wasnt that big but audible]. So i buy the line and i notice that my air bags arent inflated. Those 2 months were really rough, i think i know what spring ride feels like now. So i replace the line with the hole in it and turn my dump valve back on and air bags dont air up........air is running through the system but my air bags arent airing up??? Any solutions????

P.S Its good to be back!! Ive disappeared from this website for a few years....

Ummmmm....did you run around for 2 months with those bags deflated?? If so...you got some checking to do.... I think. New air bags to buy too.

marcel27208 03-27-2012 04:01 AM

1st time i manually turned dump valve back on after replacing line they acted like they wanted to air up.....1 of them even "popped" around the rim of bottom of air bag and scared the mess out of me! I know 1 air bag is leaking but the others are fine....

GMAN 03-27-2012 10:29 AM

Sometimes it can take a little extra time for the airbags to fill after working on the lines. Did you give it enough time? I would check for other leaks. Make sure that you are getting air. If you are getting air to one airbag, you should be getting air to all of them. I would check to see if any lines could be crimped preventing good air flow. I would also check to see if the dump valve is still open. If you don't hear air then it is probably closed. I had two air bags that would not fill on one of my trailers once. The electrical line to the dump valve was not connected.