Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Maintenance (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-maintenance-26/)
-   -   Antefreeze ,,leak''..pics included. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-maintenance/39128-antefreeze-leak-pics-included.html)

Dejanh 11-28-2009 09:40 PM

Antefreeze ,,leak''..pics included.

1 Attachment(s)
Pictures will explain it more easily but i have antifreeze leaking right out of some kind of a breather hose underneath my cab, passenger side right where all the AC lines go in....its leaking more in colder weather and it has been doing it for a while with no issues. Am not noticing that am loosing any coolant at all...its a DD60, 400K miles, 475hp.

What is this hose called and what is its purpose?

Dejanh 11-28-2009 09:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thats the hose am talking about right next to the AC lines..

Dejanh 11-28-2009 09:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The aftermath.....

Copperhead 11-28-2009 09:59 PM

sure looks like coolant leak in the core and it is coming out the condesation tube.

Dejanh 11-28-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copperhead (Post 468975)
sure looks like coolant leak in the core and it is coming out the condesation tube.

Its doing it while am parked BTW.

LightsChromeHorsepower 11-28-2009 10:44 PM

Do you have a heater core in there with the a/c condenser? It could be the core or a hose leaking when it's cold. I would check the hose clamps & core.

You need to wash your truck too.

Dejanh 11-28-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightsChromeHorsepower (Post 468982)
Do you have a heater core in there with the a/c condenser? It could be the core or a hose leaking when it's cold. I would check the hose clamps & core.

Man i don't even know how to check for that, ill see about it though.....
Hey, thanx..

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightsChromeHorsepower (Post 468982)
You need to wash your truck too.

No use..
Places where we load at are about foot deep in all kinds of *****, from limestone to gypsum and clay. If i wash it today, itll be back to looking crappy tomorow.

Kranky 11-29-2009 01:29 AM

Yes, the heater core is in there along with the A/C evaporator.

Those 2 rubber 90 deg. lines with the spring type clamps on them are the coolant lines to the heater core.

There is a leak in the heater core, or in the lines inside the HVAC unit and the leaked coolant is draining out the drain tube that is there to allow A/C condensation to drain out of the HVAC unit when using the A/C.

You'll have to pull the lid off the HVAC unit inside the cab and have a look.

Dejanh 11-29-2009 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kranky (Post 469002)
Yes, the heater core is in there along with the A/C evaporator.

Those 2 rubber 90 deg. lines with the spring type clamps on them are the coolant lines to the heater core.

There is a leak in the heater core, or in the lines inside the HVAC unit and the leaked coolant is draining out the drain tube that is there to allow A/C condensation to drain out of the HVAC unit when using the A/C..

Thank you my friend...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kranky (Post 469002)
You'll have to pull the lid off the HVAC unit inside the cab and have a look.

Is that the black box type thing underneath my bed, on a passenger side?

Kranky 11-29-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dejanh (Post 469013)

Is that the black box type thing underneath my bed, on a passenger side?

I always work on day cab Internationals, and on those the HVAC unit is under the passenger seat, however, by looking at your pics, I would say yes, the HVAC unit is in your sleeper on the passenger side, directly above where those hoses go thru the floor.