Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Maintenance (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-maintenance-26/)
-   -   How to remove fridge (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-maintenance/29503-how-remove-fridge.html)

09-07-2007 06:37 AM

How to remove fridge

Does anyone know how the fridge is kept in place. I can't find any screws holding it in and not sure how to get it out.

Doghouse 09-08-2007 12:47 AM

Try to look inside the surrounding cabinets, sometimes they hide the screws there. If the unit is on a shelf (not on the floor) there could be some screws there from the bottom. Mine is easy, 4 screws on the front, and pull it out of its socket.

silvan 09-08-2007 02:48 AM

Take a bigass crowbar to it. When you rip it out, you'll be able to tell where the screws were, by the stretched metal. :D

Maniac 09-08-2007 03:39 AM

Along the sides of the fridge where the door is you will see 4 little black rubber plugs, pry them out, the screws are BEHIND them.

At least thats how it is in my KW

Part Time Dweller 09-08-2007 04:09 AM

Some have a plastic trim piece that is velcroed on. Pull that off and the screws are behind it. That is the way it was in my '01 387.

BTW, if it is a Norcold, you can get parts for it at any larger RV dealer cheaper than the truck dealer. Providing that is why you want to take it out.

09-08-2007 06:03 AM

Thanks for the tips, I like the crowbar approach myself and will most likely take that route when I get pissed off enough.

Believe me, I've looked every place and no trace of anything holding it in. The only thing I can think of is the black metal trim peice around the front but that seems to be a permanant part of the fridge.

Fredog 09-08-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Thanks for the tips, I like the crowbar approach myself and will most likely take that route when I get pissed off enough.

Believe me, I've looked every place and no trace of anything holding it in. The only thing I can think of is the black metal trim peice around the front but that seems to be a permanant part of the fridge.

Dynamite works better, it' faster and leaves a nice big space so you can install a bigger one.. have you called a dealer and asked them how to get it out?

09-08-2007 01:29 PM

I've called 3 dealers and none of them know anything about them!

Fredog 09-08-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveBooth
I've called 3 dealers and none of them know anything about them!

WOW!! how about getting the brand name of the unit and maybe try the manufacturer?

09-08-2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog
WOW!! how about getting the brand name of the unit and maybe try the manufacturer?

The manufacturer will not have a clue, they just make them. I'll just wait until I'm down in Laredo. There's a truck fridge place there and I'll let them deal with it. Thanks for the tips guys.