Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Maintenance (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-maintenance-26/)
-   -   trans fluid to clean injectors (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-maintenance/25392-trans-fluid-clean-injectors.html)

heavyhaulerss 03-07-2007 01:22 PM

trans fluid to clean injectors

i was reading somewhere on here that filling fuel filter with trans fluid will clean injectors??.and or also putting trans fluid in fuel tanks occassionally.. will this help, hurt ??

bob h 03-08-2007 07:30 PM

Re: trans fluid to clean injectors

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss
i was reading somewhere on here that filling fuel filter with trans fluid will clean injectors??.and or also putting trans fluid in fuel tanks occassionally.. will this help, hurt ??

standyne or howes

Rev.Vassago 03-08-2007 08:44 PM

Re: trans fluid to clean injectors

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss

If you were supposed to use transmission fluid to clean your injectors, then the companies that produce it would market it as such.

There are those here who swear by it. I wouldn't do it, though. It isn't designed to be run through injectors.

yoopr 03-08-2007 11:47 PM

And don't forget your starter fluid in case you get a flat tire-Be Veeeery careful though-Some people tend to over do it and then you just defeat the purpose :P

It'll get you down the road in a Pinch

Dejanh 03-10-2007 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
And don't forget your starter fluid in case you get a flat tire-Be Veeeery careful though-Some people tend to over do it and then you just defeat the purpose :P

It'll get you down the road in a Pinch

What are u supposed to do with it?

yoopr 03-10-2007 05:41 AM

It's an old school trick-If you get a Flat(Not a blowout) you spray the Starting fluid around the bead and throw a match at it-It'll give you some inflation of the tire and get you to where you can can your tired fixed.

Maniac 03-10-2007 01:55 PM

Main thing wrong with the trans fluid is some of it is RED, this WILL make it look like you are running "dyed" fuel........big NO NO!!!

Not worth the trouble........Power Service or Howes.

Jackrabbit379 03-10-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
It's an old school trick-If you get a Flat(Not a blowout) you spray the Starting fluid around the bead and throw a match at it-It'll give you some inflation of the tire and get you to where you can can your tired fixed.

Yeah, but if it dont work right?........... :?
:P

I've seen those tire guys who are up in the years with red burned up faces. :P

yoopr 03-10-2007 02:56 PM

It works but you gotta be careful doing it-Only did it if I had to-Don't over do it with the starter fluid and if you're pulling a Tanker I wouldn't advise it :P

ssoutlaw 03-10-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac
Main thing wrong with the trans fluid is some of it is RED, this WILL make it look like you are running "dyed" fuel........big NO NO!!!

Not worth the trouble........Power Service or Howes.

A quart of trans fluid to the tank will not change the color of the fuel, they use a greater concentration of dyes in off road fuels. You don't ever need to worry about this unless you are mixing 1 gallon of fuel with 1 quart of trans fluid....lol
You worry too much M....lol