Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Maintenance (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-maintenance-26/)
-   -   Cummins PT Fuel Injection Pump (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-maintenance/15423-cummins-pt-fuel-injection-pump.html)

bob h 12-04-2006 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windwalker
ECM should be a "box" mounted to the left side of the engine... behind, and below the injector pump...

'92 may be before electronic engines. I didn't even think of that.

If you like, I'll PM you a phone number. Call him and see what he says about it. But, an L10 should be electronic... Unless you have a "BIG CAM 3" or something like that. He knows about them too.

Big Cam is 855... not L10.

Kranky 12-04-2006 03:55 PM

PT means Pain in The a*s

A PT fuel system is a mechanical pain in the a*s

bowslap 12-05-2006 12:42 AM

I have seen L10's with electronic pumps that were "PT" pumps.......weird, but true.........no need to be rude, hand.

bob h 12-05-2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowslap
I have seen L10's with electronic pumps that were "PT" pumps.......weird, but true.........no need to be rude, hand.

I'm not trying to be rude... I'm trying to ask a question ;0) don't be so defensive!

PT pacer engines are electronically controlled, but they still have a throttle cable. I figured that since you had spent 8 years working in a shop you might be teaching me something I didn't already know...

bowslap 12-05-2006 08:53 PM

Those systems were rarely seen in the shop when I worked there.......think I laid eyeballs on 2 of them. 99% of my experience is with the Celect and Celect+ M and N-series engines, with a few old-scholl NT's thrown in for good measure. The ISX-series engines were still relatively new, and saw few of them in the shop.

If someone has a question, and I feel I may be of some assistance, I'll post. I'm not above learning something myself......'slap....

bob h 12-07-2006 12:08 PM

Quote:

Those systems were rarely seen in the shop when I worked there.......think I laid eyeballs on 2 of them. 99% of my experience is with the Celect and Celect+ M and N-series engines, with a few old-scholl NT's thrown in for good measure. The ISX-series engines were still relatively new, and saw few of them in the shop.

If someone has a question, and I feel I may be of some assistance, I'll post. I'm not above learning something myself......'slap....

I have one; we know why the N14s are fretting the block, why are the M11s fretting?

bob h 12-18-2006 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob h
Quote:

I have one; we know why the N14s are fretting the block, why are the M11s fretting?

no take on that question? well, I have another; why do celect injectors sometimes have a plunger stick down after adjusting the injector... is it possible to free them up?

chips2002 12-21-2006 06:49 AM

It's been awhile since I have been on here. The problem ended up being an injector. I still haven't fixed it and am driving it the way it was before. I think the engine oil is getting diluted with diesel, and it is starting to blow white smoke. I am going to get rid of this truck soon. It has about 1,018,000 miles and don't want to spend money on it.