User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2007, 05:19 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 2003 VN 780 Power Problem

I have a problem where the cigarette lighter plugs in the sleeper (on the control panel) do not function at all. I have pulled the main fuse panel located under the CB and cannot find a blown fuse.

Is there another location that has fuses (besides the control panel)? I know that there is a sub fuse panel under the main but I cannot get to it at this time unfortunately.

Any help would be very welcome!

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:28 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: 2003 VN 780 Power Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by danj_otr
I have a problem where the cigarette lighter plugs in the sleeper (on the control panel) do not function at all. I have pulled the main fuse panel located under the CB and cannot find a blown fuse.

Is there another location that has fuses (besides the control panel)? I know that there is a sub fuse panel under the main but I cannot get to it at this time unfortunately.

Any help would be very welcome!

Thanks!
the older 780 we had had the main panel under the cb, and the sub panel was just infront of it under the cup holder. to get to it you open the cupholder take out the two screws, pop the top(cb holder) off then pull off the little cover that is the bottom of the cup holder above the dash cigarette lighter plugs.

btw are the other two cigarette lighter plugs ( dash & tv) working..?

now with that said i can tell you volvo has had problem's with the wiring in the sleeper in the 780's. we have had alot of volvo' that had to go to volvo to have the wiring to the sleeper changed.

is everything eles on the control panel working..? clock, light's, fan, temp control.

you may also want to get a cheep 12v power tester (the type with a light)and pull the fuse on the control panel and see if you are even getting power to the cigarette lighter fues in the control panel.

you may also want to look at the cigarette lighter plugs (look inside the plug itself) someone may have tryed to use them AS a cigarette lighter plug if thay did thay could have burned them out as thay ARE NOT a cigarette lighter plug but a power outlet. using it for a cigarette lighter plug will melt it or burn it out ( not made to take the heat)

hope this helps
Old 03-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Board Regular

The TV & Dash plugs work. I have a multimeter and will check where the fridge normally plugs in as well as the other 2 on the control panel. As far as the control panel is concerned, everything is functioning correctly.

I pulled the control panel out to make sure that there where no issues with what wiring I could see or the actual plugs themselves. I am going to try and pop the fuse cover off before heading out to see if there is a fuse that has popped.

Thanks for the heads up.