User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default chassiear noise detection

I am thinking of buying a chassiear wireless noise detection device on ebay because I have a noise/ vibration that only occurs while driving with power to the drivetrain, I suspect its in the tranny, but if I unhook the driveline and spin the tranny, no noise. My question is , has anyone ever used one of these, and do they work as advertised? Is there enough range on the transmitters to reach the cab if someday I want to check a noise from the trailer wheels? Thanks guys. Ps..Ive sent the same question to the seller of the device but probably wont get a response for a day or 2.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: chassiear noise detection

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibnflannel
I am thinking of buying a chassiear wireless noise detection device on ebay because I have a noise/ vibration that only occurs while driving with power to the drivetrain, I suspect its in the tranny, but if I unhook the driveline and spin the tranny, no noise. My question is , has anyone ever used one of these, and do they work as advertised? Is there enough range on the transmitters to reach the cab if someday I want to check a noise from the trailer wheels? Thanks guys. Ps..Ive sent the same question to the seller of the device but probably wont get a response for a day or 2.
i doubt that you will pinpoint any vibration with a chassisear, it is used to find squeaks & rattles. you need an eva to measure the frequency of the vibration

all that you have told us is that you have a vibration under load, someone here might be able to help if you were to better describe the problem... the first check for vibration under load (that goes away on coast) is u-joints

the seller will tell you that it will do what i have told you it won't unless you tell him you're buying it on ebay, then he wont be your friend =)