Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Retired!..........again! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/44054-retired-again.html)

Instigator 06-02-2013 04:44 PM

Retired!..........again!

Well my fellow truckers, its come time for me to retire from trucking.........again! After running the road for the last 3 years (19 total) I have finally had enough of the new DOT rules, HOS and all the rest of the bullcrap out there to last me a lifetime. I retired about a month ago and found a job as an A/C Tech here in Florida. I got trained in 7 days, and now I am out making money again, only work 8 hours a day (Instead of 18) and I am home every night with my wife.

My stress level has decreased so much even my wife noticed the change in me. I am more relaxed, no more bags under my eyes and I am always happy! Life is good after the trucking industry wears you out. I will stay on the boards to offer advice to newbee's and read the stories about other drivers, but I dont think I will ever get behind the wheel again. I will now enjoy fishing and boating like I used too!

Farewell my fellow OTR drivers, its been fun!

The Instigator ~!

plentygood 06-16-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Instigator (Post 525873)
Well my fellow truckers, its come time for me to retire from trucking.........again! After running the road for the last 3 years (19 total) I have finally had enough of the new DOT rules, HOS and all the rest of the bullcrap out there to last me a lifetime. I retired about a month ago and found a job as an A/C Tech here in Florida. I got trained in 7 days, and now I am out making money again, only work 8 hours a day (Instead of 18) and I am home every night with my wife.

My stress level has decreased so much even my wife noticed the change in me. I am more relaxed, no more bags under my eyes and I am always happy! Life is good after the trucking industry wears you out. I will stay on the boards to offer advice to newbee's and read the stories about other drivers, but I dont think I will ever get behind the wheel again. I will now enjoy fishing and boating like I used too!

Farewell my fellow OTR drivers, its been fun!

The Instigator ~!

Good for you Driver, hope you have a great time in retirement!

Black Knight 06-26-2013 07:32 AM

Wish you all the luck in the world. I just started mine, in January, and it is driving me crazy. Hope you fair better, as I am thinking of returning to the road. Actually miss it, since I started driving in 1969. Well, back to you as I dont want to make it about me.
Anyway, be safe and have a great time, until the lord calls you home.

pie155 07-12-2013 04:44 PM

I am happy for you.. it is a hard way to make a buck