Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   JB Hunt Experience (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/41928-jb-hunt-experience.html)

JEC1963 11-02-2011 01:38 PM

JB Hunt Experience

Got a call from JB Hunt after applying online. They wanted me to quit my job and go to orientation in less than a week. When i asked for an offer letter---they wouldn't give one---

Got a bad feeling from it and looked at others experiences with them on this board.

Ended up turning them down.

GMAN 11-02-2011 11:16 PM

I douibt that most carriers would give you an offer letter. Most won't even check your references until you get to orientation. They may do the basic DAC, but other than that they don't normally do much prior. They have too many who never show up at orientation, so they don't want to spend the money until you get there.

Mackman 11-03-2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEC1963 (Post 504642)
Got a call from JB Hunt after applying online. They wanted me to quit my job and go to orientation in less than a week. When i asked for an offer letter---they wouldn't give one---

Got a bad feeling from it and looked at others experiences with them on this board.

Ended up turning them down.

Good deal. Any company that wont let you give 2weeks are azzholes. Just goes to show you how they run their own company.

Sheepdancer 12-16-2011 09:02 PM

The problem with the "two weeks thing" is a lot of companies out there when you say you are giving them two weeks....they will send you out for 5 weeks...lol.
Yes, JB doesnt do a complete check until you get to orientation. But come on...in reality most people know their own history and know if there is something that is going to get them kicked out of orientation.
Still, JB...Meh. I worked in their corporate office for a long time. Yes, they have some good dedicated jobs, and their power only program seems to be a little better than the jobs I used to have to put drivers in. But There are surely better jobs out there. What are you looking for?

Kentla93 12-16-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdancer (Post 506376)
What are you looking for?

I don't want to work over 60 hours a week more then once a month if it can be helped but will do so if needed, prefer a 50-55 hour week, I would like to have a schedule of 4 days on 2 days off, I would like to be home in my bed every night, Time and a half/load and a half for all work on Sundays & Thanksgiving day, double time/double load pay on Christmas day, Quarterly bonus plan, along with a yearly bonus, 401 K with 6% company match, would like to make in excess of $60K and lets not forget a decent health and life plan, last but not least a company that believes in family... is that possible???

Yes it is very much so...

Timberwolf

Cluggy619 12-18-2011 04:31 PM

I loved JB Hunt.. They are really great people to work for.
You should have taken the job. And all of that money.......

The Rooster 12-19-2011 06:17 AM

That is kind of a tough set of parameters for a full time job in trucking, ESPECIALLY, if you are new and have minimal experience.
You may be able to find a company that would hire you part time in that aspect once you have some solid verifiable OTR time.
Another factor to consider is your geographical area and the trucking companies and jobs in that area.
Best of Luck

""The Rooster""