Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Celadon (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/39689-celadon.html)

Malaki86 03-16-2010 12:27 AM

Celadon

Just wondering how things are going at Celadon nowadays. I worked there for a short time a few years ago and am considering going back. I talked to a couple of their drivers on the road last week & this week - they seemed really happy. Just want to see if anyone else has anything to add, whether good or bad.

Orangetxguy 03-16-2010 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86 (Post 476759)
Just wondering how things are going at Celadon nowadays. I worked there for a short time a few years ago and am considering going back. I talked to a couple of their drivers on the road last week & this week - they seemed really happy. Just want to see if anyone else has anything to add, whether good or bad.

White trucks....64 mph....lot's and lot's of them go to Laredo and Brownsville. :lol:

Piece Of Work 03-16-2010 02:42 AM

The Celadon drivers in the nice, newer trucks are the happiest. But there are those stuck in the old Internationals that grumble a bit. There seems to be 2 classes of Celadon drivers...

geeshock 03-16-2010 09:31 AM

I have a friend that is with celedon and the same holds true for him, he loves it. he averages 3k+ miles per week. Those that have older trucks aren't in to bad. They will get the next new truck soonest. Also, celedon allows for inverters as long as the one person they trust wires it in. As with most companies they are sticklers on idleing.

Malaki86 03-16-2010 10:11 AM

I talked to them yesterday - they don't allow any hard-wired inverters whatsoever. Only plugin ones now. I guess they had a truck or 2 burn down.

bentstrider 03-16-2010 07:55 PM

Well, another one I could add to the "go-to" list as the 3yr mark approaches.

Seems to me that most of the larger carriers are the same when it comes to basic rules.
As long as there's no hint of being run past hours and the "you should know where it is" attitude, then they're all good in my book.

Joey Shabadoo 03-17-2010 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 476761)
White trucks....64 mph....lot's and lot's of them go to Laredo and Brownsville. :lol:

That's right...Celadon is big into cross-border freight.
I think it was their CEO...Stephen Russell if I recall...who said he wanted to get rid of all his American drivers and replace them with Mexicans.
Now there's a class act.
All that run-for-the border freight means long wait times.
Have fun trying to win Celadon's idle reduction contest in 100 degree south Texas weather.
Then try to make miles in a stripped-down 64 mph company rig.
Ay Carumba, where do I sign up? :lol2:

Malaki86 03-17-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Shabadoo (Post 476835)
That's right...Celadon is big into cross-border freight.
I think it was their CEO...Stephen Russell if I recall...who said he wanted to get rid of all his American drivers and replace them with Mexicans.
Now there's a class act.
All that run-for-the border freight means long wait times.
Have fun trying to win Celadon's idle reduction contest in 100 degree south Texas weather.
Then try to make miles in a stripped-down 64 mph company rig.
Ay Carumba, where do I sign up? :lol2:

Ya, you're right. I should stay where I am, in a 6 year old worn out 65mph POS Columbia that our shop has cut their budget to the point that they won't even replace the batteries, even though if I shut the truck off for more than 4 hours I have to have a jump. Even though I can (well, have to) idle, my A/C isn't working because they said it's an unneccesary luxury. I could also keep getting these great percentage loads that pay the truck under $1.00 per mile, as well as the joy of running hundreds of miles deadhead for $0.00 per mile.

BTW - I talked to them this morning and I start there on the 29th.

Mr. Ford95 03-17-2010 08:27 PM

Hope things go better for you at Celadon and yeah your right it can't be much worse than what your experiencing even though CFM/Joey/whatever other names he uses says different.

Malaki86 03-17-2010 11:06 PM

I've talked to 4 or 5 of their drivers in the past few days. They're all averaging between 2,700 & 3,500 miles per week, every week. They've got so much freight that they've asked all of their drivers to not take any days off in March. That's gotta say something.