Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Any good Dry Bulk (pneumatic) Companies in Fla.? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/39581-any-good-dry-bulk-pneumatic-companies-fla.html)

Coilhaulr 02-21-2010 12:45 AM

Any good Dry Bulk (pneumatic) Companies in Fla.?

Anyone have any information on a dry bulk tanker company in Florida or one that will hire out of Florida? Thanks!

millersod215 02-23-2010 10:47 PM

Walpole in Tampa, Schwend in Dade City, CCC out of Auburndale, they also operate CTL our of Mulberry. Those are your major carriers out of Florida that run regional, OTR type positions, but I can almost guarantee none of them are hiring, had a friend check Schwend and Walpole about a month ago and they weren't hiring, CCC was putting on 3 drivers in Sumterville for a new concrete plant off of hwy471. I live in Tallahassee and talked to a few bulk drivers for CCC that haul dedicated lime out of Alabama to Mulberry, don't know what the likelihood of getting on that run would be. Keep in mind Florida is a very hard place to become employed right now, especially in industries such as these.

Coilhaulr 02-24-2010 02:41 AM

Thanks for the information Millersod. You're right about there being no work here. I feel like a dog chacing his tail. Not hiring everywhere I go. I will look into CCC about the dedicated run. :thumbsup:

millersod215 02-24-2010 08:30 PM

Coil, where in Florida are you located? I don't know every company in Fl operating bulk tankers, but maybe if I knew where you lived I could atleast point you in some sort of direction.

Fredog 02-24-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millersod215 (Post 475729)
Coil, where in Florida are you located? I don't know every company in Fl operating bulk tankers, but maybe if I knew where you lived I could atleast point you in some sort of direction.

what about Oakley? CSR Rinker?
stay away from Walpole, my brother drove for them for over 20 years and they went downhill so fast a few years ago, he had to leave

Windwalker 02-24-2010 09:46 PM

I believe I've seen "FLORIDA ROCK AND TANK LINES" pulling dry bulk tanks too.

Coilhaulr 02-25-2010 11:29 PM

Millersod I live in Ocala.

Thanks Fredog and Windwalker I will look into those companies!

millersod215 02-27-2010 12:00 AM

If you live in Ocala, CCC has a terminal on the property of Franklin Materials, I believe that's the name, they're out there by the prison and the ocala speedway, not sure what the name of that road is, follow it out past the prison, Franklin will be on the right, right where the fire college is at. Walpole, Florida Rock, CCC, Pritchett, who I work for, they all haul out of there, might be a good place to start, and it's right there in your neck of the woods.

Coilhaulr 02-27-2010 03:37 AM

Thanks Millersod! I will take a look into that. That would be great for me being so nearby! I appreciate that! :thumbsup: