Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   JB Hunt vs. Schneider National? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/39131-jb-hunt-vs-schneider-national.html)

peterbilt 11-29-2009 02:24 PM

JB Hunt vs. Schneider National?

Hey guys:

I've applied for office jobs (non-driving) with JB Hunt and Schneider. Anyone have anything good/bad to say about these companies? How do they treat their employees, work enviornment, etc Any info provided will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Erick

geeshock 11-29-2009 02:58 PM

go for the orange definately, nothing against JB but if your lucy they will run you 2500 miles. I about fell out when my friend told me they consider 2500 miles a good week. Not to mention you need to have a degree in rocket science to fill out thier log books

peterbilt 11-29-2009 03:29 PM

Not looking for a driving position with Schneider. More like an office job. Does anyone have any insight into this part of Schneider?

Thanks,

Erick

Jackrabbit379 11-29-2009 05:18 PM

You could send a PM to Sheepdancer. He was a dispatcher with Joe Bob. You might can ask him, how he felt about working 'inside' for JB.

If either company offers good benefits, and you know what you want to do, just do it. :D I don't reckon any of us knows what it's like to work in an office at either of those companies. :p

peterbilt 11-30-2009 12:36 AM

Tried sending a PM to Sheepdancer, but his inbox was full and couldn't accept anymore messages. Also tried using the email in his profile and his phone number, and neither worked. Anyone have any inside info about JB or Schneider?

Thanks guys,

Erick

Luzon 11-30-2009 01:46 AM

Office job? What's that? :) I doubt many folks here would have personal experience with that. A few may not many.

peterbilt 11-30-2009 03:03 AM

Can't hurt to ask, right?...

-Erick

geeshock 11-30-2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterbilt (Post 469050)
Not looking for a driving position with Schneider. More like an office job. Does anyone have any insight into this part of Schneider?

Thanks,

Erick

ooops, sory, might have helped if I read the whole post, my bad

Jackrabbit379 11-30-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterbilt (Post 469114)
Tried sending a PM to Sheepdancer, but his inbox was full and couldn't accept anymore messages. Also tried using the email in his profile and his phone number, and neither worked. Anyone have any inside info about JB or Schneider?

Thanks guys,

Erick

Sorry about that. He was the first to come to mind, and I didn't think about his PM inbox being full. Hopefully, you can find what you are looking for.

peterbilt 11-30-2009 05:55 PM

Thanks anyway for your help. Much appreciated.

Erick