Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Sherman Bros. or System Transport? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/39112-sherman-bros-system-transport.html)

Coilhaulr 11-26-2009 02:17 AM

Sherman Bros. or System Transport?

I am interested in Sherman Brothers glass or curtin side division or System Transport's pole transport division. Anyone have any information on either company? Thanks in advance!

LightsChromeHorsepower 11-27-2009 04:16 PM

You need 2 or 3 years flatbed exp, good rec & refs for either one.

Sherman Bros is advertising for drivers & the only person I know that has ever worked for them says he loves it. He's also a moron POS that got fired by my current employer (something that I regard as nearly impossible) & if his lips are moving he's telling a lie.

I talk to TWT (The reefer side of System) drivers fairly regularly & they seem about as happy as most drivers. I wasn't aware that System did poles. Most poles I see are on Leavitt trucks. System seems to have a lot of interesting freight including a lot of Cali intrastate such as the Lowes DC in Beaumont. They also hire a lot of OO's.

Be ready for a major dose of I5 with either co.

Coilhaulr 11-27-2009 04:55 PM

Thanks LCH! I heard Sherman Bros. was buying up a couple of companies and hopefully would need drivers. Didn't know System had intastate work in Ca. I will look into that. Thanks again!

LightsChromeHorsepower 11-28-2009 03:31 PM

If you are flatbed qualified & want to work in that area, you might try;

1. Central Oregon Truck Co. out of Terbonne
2. Combined Transport, I think they're in Central Point
3. Stidham, in Yreka CA

All I really know about these 3 is hearsay, so I'll spare you the details.

Coilhaulr 11-29-2009 12:32 AM

Ok thanks LCH for the info! I will check into those companies. Ever heard anything about Arrow Trucking? They are suppose to have regional work around socal.

1TruckDrivinSunUvAGun 11-30-2009 04:37 AM

All my info is hearsay and what recruiters have told me. I know both companies require flatbed experience, don't take anyone. They both have a lot of I-5 regional runs. I heard Arrow's regional was kind of a joke it pays percentage a lot of shuttling trailers usually left with the crappy equipment, not quite sure I would go with Arrow. But Sherman has a lot of happy drivers don't know a lot about System and Stidham I hear is a real good company, good luck and have fun.

Coilhaulr 11-30-2009 11:35 PM

hey 1truckdrivinsunuvagun did you end up going to work for them? I had read and replyed to the blog you had wrote sometime back but now I see you had answered me on this blog. If you did how do you like hauling glass? How is the home time and what health insurance do they have (ie. blue cross blue shield?) Thanks!

1TruckDrivinSunUvAGun 12-01-2009 03:34 PM

I didn't end up going with them at the time they were not training for the glass hauling and another job opened up for me hauling fuel. I have talked to many of their drivers and have heard a lot of good things about them I don't know specifics but I do know they're a happy bunch and I wouldn't mind working for them one day. Good luck to you.

Coilhaulr 12-01-2009 11:18 PM

ok thanks for the information. I used to haul fuel in Calif and it pays well for a local job. Good luck and be safe!