Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Ats? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/39053-ats.html)

jollyvolly107 11-17-2009 01:50 AM

Ats?

anybody work for them? what do you think? what are there lanes for flatbed/ heavy haul? what are the hiring requirements? thanks guys

Sealord 11-17-2009 06:24 PM

Ats

Do you mean this ATS? Dry Van, Flatbed, Specialized, Heavy Haul, Pad Wrap, Wind Energy, International Trucking Did you call 'em and ask your questions? BOL

jollyvolly107 11-17-2009 11:41 PM

yah it was that ATS sealord, i was asking about flatbed/specialized/ heavy haul. i would rather ask a few questions of drivers who have been there than get caught on the phone with a recruiter that "gurantees" you the world for an hour. But i aprecitate your candid reply

Jumbo 11-17-2009 11:49 PM

You want to know what their hiring requirements are but you dont want to ask a recruiter?

Orangetxguy 11-18-2009 12:08 PM

TerryLamar was doing the Lease?Operator deal with them. He pops in from time to time...maybe he will have something to say.

jollyvolly107 11-18-2009 01:20 PM

thanks orange, i was hoping that i would get something...for a minute there i didn't think i was in the "what about this trucking company" forum. yah jumbo i have every intention on calling them, but i would rather get some info from some of there drivers thats all.

Jackrabbit379 11-18-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyvolly107 (Post 467910)
i have every intention on calling them, but i would rather get some info from some of there drivers thats all.

I think you are doing the right thing, getting in touch with the drivers. It's good to get different opinions from drivers, knowing how they feel about the company. At the same time, you do need to contact the company. Sure, some recruiters may try to swindle you some, but they will tell you where their hiring areas are, and where they run. Most recruiters will tell you what you need to know.

I see more of the heavy haul than flats, but I see a lot of their trucks in north Texas.

jollyvolly107 11-19-2009 12:09 AM

hey jack i have every intention to call them, i am just a big nerd about things and try to gather as much information from as many sources as possible before i start making calls. yah i mean no disrespect to any recruiters, i have just been continually bugged before and i am not looking forward to that situation again.

Jay B 11-19-2009 12:42 AM

I contacted them a couple years ago, then went with a different company. I got no BS at all from the recruiter and did not get hassled by their recruiters when I told them I was going with someone else.

Jackrabbit379 11-19-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyvolly107 (Post 467939)
hey jack i have every intention to call them, i am just a big nerd about things and try to gather as much information from as many sources as possible before i start making calls. yah i mean no disrespect to any recruiters, i have just been continually bugged before and i am not looking forward to that situation again.

No worries mate..
That's good. A lot of drivers make the mistake of not getting information on companies.
Yeah, I know how some recruiters can put a lot of icing on the cake. They would make good car salesmen. :p