Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   WEL Companies ? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/38436-wel-companies.html)

headborg 08-17-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwervynMervyn (Post 459505)
well......maybe on to plan C, D, or E.

WEL and Koch were the 2 companies on my list.

Maybe that call about JB intermodal is next.

Something about the fact that I am considering calling JB gives me the hee bee geebies.

well, you know the one good thing about mistakes-- they are the one thing you can truly call your own.

headborg 08-20-2009 03:27 AM

Talked to a WEL driver today- at Walmart DC, Moberly, Mo.

He said he'd only been with the company a month so far- so his insights are limited. He was an O/O but parked the truck- said he was losing his *****.
Claimed they do want you to keep logs pretty close to their "people net" system. Said it was like a qualcom???

But claimed the first month hadn't been bad at all $$$ wise. said they had cold storages all over the country- including Texas, Idaho Falls, Ga, He lives in Ga. Had pretty much ran him all over the map.

But after discovering he'd only been there a month... I didn't press him for much more-- he immediately began trying to "recruit" me. I'm afraid- you've got to have more than just a month of knowledge of a company before you can sell me.

Orangetxguy 08-20-2009 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headborg (Post 459765)
Talked to a WEL driver today- at Walmart DC, Moberly, Mo.

He said he'd only been with the company a month so far- so his insights are limited. He was an O/O but parked the truck- said he was losing his *****.
Claimed they do want you to keep logs pretty close to their "people net" system. Said it was like a qualcom???

But claimed the first month hadn't been bad at all $$$ wise. said they had cold storages all over the country- including Texas, Idaho Falls, Ga, He lives in Ga. Had pretty much ran him all over the map.

But after discovering he'd only been there a month... I didn't press him for much more-- he immediately began trying to "recruit" me. I'm afraid- you've got to have more than just a month of knowledge of a company before you can sell me.

That driver I ran with for a bit there in Idaho had been with them 4 years. He wasn't happy...but then..he was in the middle of a divorce fight...2 years after the divorce.

headborg 08-20-2009 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 459766)
That driver I ran with for a bit there in Idaho had been with them 4 years. He wasn't happy...but then..he was in the middle of a divorce fight...2 years after the divorce.

Exactly-- WEL probably doing just like all the other carriers.... starve out the higher paid "senior" drivers making .44+ and giving the newbies all the bread & butter & gravy loads. That guy I talked to- was only a month old. Definitely on the gravy diet.