Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   please direct me (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/38183-please-direct-me.html)

cylyntblu 07-01-2009 02:38 PM

please direct me

hello forum--- i'm trying to get back into trucking and would like to know what should i do---i recieved my cdl in 2000 and drove for 3 local/regional companys and 1 otr until 2006--so i haven't been in a truck for 3 plus years, i have a criminal thats 23 years old no denying that---i sill have my cdl and also have all my endorsements including passenger, i also have a twic card and a passport too... this hazmat company here in houston tx told me to get with another company and refresh my skills(which i know i need) because they just have time to show me the hazmat part of the company not driving.i had the interview with them already and also have a few friends there, i need to be directed to a company where i can get my feet back wet and still make a buck for about 2 to 3 months---any help is well appreciated thanks

cylyntblu 07-01-2009 08:25 PM

anyone wanna help-- thanks

Orangetxguy 07-01-2009 10:51 PM

Who is the tanker company that can't retrain you?

You could try ACE Transportation out on US90 at Sheldon RD. They might have an Owner/Operator that can help you out. Dynasty Transportation as well.

Phreddo 07-02-2009 02:25 AM

or pay for a refresher, although I've heard those might not be worth the money.

Powderkeg 07-09-2009 07:36 PM

You may want to try Victory Transportation. They are located at 3829 Manitou, near the Love's & Pilot truckstops (610 Loop, NE corner). They have Owner Operators that may give you a shot. Couldn't hurt to try.

Their phone number is (713) 673-4300.

I considered them a while back, but decided against it. I have always pulled a flatbed. That's all they pull. But I am in a transition period, and I am thinking about switching over to tankers.

geargrinder 07-11-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cylyntblu (Post 454905)
hello forum--- i'm trying to get back into trucking and would like to know what should i do---i recieved my cdl in 2000 and drove for 3 local/regional companys and 1 otr until 2006--so i haven't been in a truck for 3 plus years, i have a criminal thats 23 years old no denying that---i sill have my cdl and also have all my endorsements including passenger, i also have a twic card and a passport too... this hazmat company here in houston tx told me to get with another company and refresh my skills(which i know i need) because they just have time to show me the hazmat part of the company not driving.i had the interview with them already and also have a few friends there, i need to be directed to a company where i can get my feet back wet and still make a buck for about 2 to 3 months---any help is well appreciated thanks

I thought Barr-Nunn had some sort of driver refresher program.....

lovely09 07-17-2009 01:51 AM

I guess it's better to refresh your knowledge about driving.You can take a light course for you to get back of the basic up to the main lessons before you go on to any work or driving.