Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Hey....."Mr. Billy Big Rig....." (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/37832-hey-mr-billy-big-rig.html)

Skywalker 05-10-2009 01:53 AM

Hey....."Mr. Billy Big Rig....."

Now, in all honesty...I don't know if this applies to all companies with OBC's...but if it does, y'all better be careful...'

In our terminals we have had the following posted:

Beginnig 05/11/09, the OBC will be used to match up the logbook to the OBC as to validity to the log, or words to that effect,

This is posted as an advisory for information...not to precipitate argument.

Bottom line....if you have a qualcom or geologic system in your truck, or any other system that is or records your location based on coordinates vs time hack....your logs will need to be squeaky clean...or you might want to post a forwarding address to the correctional facility where you reside.....

This is no a "no-****ter".... Hide and watch................:smokin:

DDCavi 05-10-2009 02:45 AM

Yea that was posted shortly before I was laid off. I think I saw about 10 damn memos in the last week I was there. Enjoy the changes boy. Higher insurance, backing your log against QC and im sure theres more to come. Glad I dont have to do those dumbass protread lessons anymore.

wsyrob 05-10-2009 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDCavi (Post 449573)
Glad I dont have to do those dumbass protread lessons anymore.

I don't mind those. It just means another hours worth of pay in my check each month and they only take around 30 minutes.

SickRick 05-10-2009 05:09 AM

So does this mean that clueless dispatchers will be forced to be more realistic about pickup/delivery times for loads since it will be more difficult to CHEAT?

Rick

jonp 05-10-2009 10:07 AM

this after all of those years we were told that the obc would never be used for logging. We got one at jb last fall warning us about the feds using the obc to match our logs. They, jb, were already doing it so its just another thing.

Remember the story about turning the heat up on a frog in a pot of water slowly so he never realized he was being boiled to death?

DaveP 05-10-2009 11:14 AM

We were audited last fall 100% and I REALLY expected to catch hell....

We use the Geologic system and there seems to be a few flaws in the system.
I've had dispatchers call and ask why I was still at home when I was sitting right outside the terminal office (for instance). My home is 132 miles away.

I've also heard a few drivers say the sat. was showing them one place, and they were ACTUALLY 2 states and a few hundred miles away.

I don't see how they can use that in court.

DaveP 05-10-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickRick (Post 449603)
So does this mean that clueless dispatchers will be forced to be more realistic about pickup/delivery times for loads since it will be more difficult to CHEAT?

Rick

HA HA....in your dreams!

geargrinder 05-10-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 449612)
We were audited last fall 100% and I REALLY expected to catch hell....

We use the Geologic system and there seems to be a few flaws in the system.
I've had dispatchers call and ask why I was still at home when I was sitting right outside the terminal office (for instance). My home is 132 miles away.

I've also heard a few drivers say the sat. was showing them one place, and they were ACTUALLY 2 states and a few hundred miles away.

I don't see how they can use that in court.

That is strictly anecdotal baloney. The GPS is deadly accurate.

geargrinder 05-10-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob (Post 449583)
I don't mind those. It just means another hours worth of pay in my check each month and they only take around 30 minutes.

That is too funny! You actually turn it in.

When I have done them, they would either screw up a reset, or mess with my 14-hour. You should log it if you are turning it in for pay.

geargrinder 05-10-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 449557)
Now, in all honesty...I don't know if this applies to all companies with OBC's...but if it does, y'all better be careful...'

In our terminals we have had the following posted:

Beginnig 05/11/09, the OBC will be used to match up the logbook to the OBC as to validity to the log, or words to that effect,

This is posted as an advisory for information...not to precipitate argument.

Bottom line....if you have a qualcom or geologic system in your truck, or any other system that is or records your location based on coordinates vs time hack....your logs will need to be squeaky clean...or you might want to post a forwarding address to the correctional facility where you reside.....

This is no a "no-****ter".... Hide and watch................:smokin:

That is going to push a few over the edge. More than a few drivers can't stand entering basic trip information, yet alone logging to the stinking things. Some of the more senior drivers just do things their own way.

Figure this:

1. Driver X and I loaded at the same place.
2. We arrived @ shipper within minutes of each other. I got loaded before him because I had scaled in.
3. My loading was completed apprx 3 hours before him.
4. Delivery point was appx. 725 miles with a border crossing.
5. I faxed my PARS from a truckstop while fueling. He went back to the terminal and waited for dispatch to fax his pars.
6. I hammered out 11-hours non-stop except for the 15-minute fuel stop.
7. My 10-hour break was literally to the second.
8. Driver X took the identical route I did.
9. Driver X was at the consignee 2-hours before me.
10. Driver X also indicated he took his 10 hour break in the same vicinity as I did.

Did Driver X log this legally? Ya think Driver X can do this with the GPS based log auditing?