Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Squire Transportation? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/37357-squire-transportation.html)

rakusa 03-11-2009 12:20 PM

Squire Transportation?

Anyone know anything about them? Careers | Squire Transportation
After much consideration seems the best for a no experience would be to apply for training with Central Refrigerated or Swift. I stumbled on Squire searching for others but can't find much about them so thought I'd ask the pros here. I imagine you vet otr drivers would rec Central/Swift for the better miles over Squire if you haven't heard of them but would like to hear expert opinions. Are Central/Swift still hiring in these tough times?
TIA!!

marcel27208 03-11-2009 01:30 PM

i know they have an ad placed on craigslist.....i havent heard much about em, all i know is they are hiring o/o's in the area here in charlotte. Its a small company, said theyve been around 40years.......cant find much on em though.......

Mpneypit 03-11-2009 02:42 PM

Swift and central are hiring students that go through their school only.

dollarshort 03-12-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcel27208 (Post 442068)
i know they have an ad placed on craigslist.....i havent heard much about em, all i know is they are hiring o/o's in the area here in charlotte. Its a small company, said theyve been around 40years.......cant find much on em though.......

Squire has not been around 40 years. And they are not hiring O/O.

Squire is the training division of Knight Transportation. Really no different from other training deals. Although the trainers are picked from the best Knight drivers there are. They also will not allow a trainer sleep while a trainee is driving. You will be trained in a Peterbilt 387. Really dont know much more than that.

boneebone 03-13-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollarshort (Post 442201)

Squire is the training division of Knight Transportation. Really no different from other training deals. Although the trainers are picked from the best Knight drivers there are. They also will not allow a trainer sleep while a trainee is driving. You will be trained in a Peterbilt 387. Really dont know much more than that.

I've also seen a Volvo 670 in Squire markings. They look exactly like Knight trucks, with Squire decals.

dollarshort 03-14-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boneebone (Post 442306)
I've also seen a Volvo 670 in Squire markings. They look exactly like Knight trucks, with Squire decals.

You are correct. After you are complete with training and released your are then given a Volvo to drive. There are both gray and some red ones out there.

marcel27208 03-14-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollarshort (Post 442201)

sorry...i didnt realize you guys were talking about the coolie carriers;)

there is a squire transportation that is all owner operator......

dollarshort 03-15-2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcel27208 (Post 442453)
sorry...i didnt realize you guys were talking about the coolie carriers;)

there is a squire transportation that is all owner operator......

What exactly is the definition of a Coolie Carrier? I for one think the comment is getting rather old. Time to maybe come up with something new?

boneebone 03-16-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollarshort (Post 442487)
What exactly is the definition of a Coolie Carrier? I for one think the comment is getting rather old. Time to maybe come up with something new?

+1____

ratface 03-25-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakusa (Post 442065)
Anyone know anything about them? Careers | Squire Transportation
After much consideration seems the best for a no experience would be to apply for training with Central Refrigerated or Swift. I stumbled on Squire searching for others but can't find much about them so thought I'd ask the pros here. I imagine you vet otr drivers would rec Central/Swift for the better miles over Squire if you haven't heard of them but would like to hear expert opinions. Are Central/Swift still hiring in these tough times?
TIA!!

I would chose the the squire, work your way up to being a knight. just remember everthing is about safety...