Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Back From Iraq, wondering about ATS (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/36542-back-iraq-wondering-about-ats.html)

Trk_driver_NC 12-22-2008 03:07 PM

Back From Iraq, wondering about ATS

Hello drivers, just wondering if anybody can give me some information about ATS? Good and bad would be greatfully appreciated..

west_coaster 12-24-2008 07:43 AM

I've talked with several ATS drivers recently. There are two large windfarms going up here around town and ATS is hauling in a majority of the towers, blades, hubs, and nacelles. All the drivers I've talked with love the company. They all talk about how busy they are due to the recent boom in wind tower construction. Seems like pretty much everything I've seen of them is heavy-haul and over-sized loads.

W.C.

BIG JEEP on 44's 12-25-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west_coaster (Post 430482)
I've talked with several ATS drivers recently. There are two large windfarms going up here around town and ATS is hauling in a majority of the towers, blades, hubs, and nacelles. All the drivers I've talked with love the company. They all talk about how busy they are due to the recent boom in wind tower construction. Seems like pretty much everything I've seen of them is heavy-haul and over-sized loads.

W.C.

Their lease drivers tell the same story of being broke like all lease ops do ...

dollarshort 12-31-2008 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west_coaster (Post 430482)

W.C.

According to their ads in the trucking mags, their wind tower haulers are making something like 75-80,000 per year.

BIG JEEP on 44's 12-31-2008 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollarshort (Post 431499)
According to their ads in the trucking mags, their wind tower haulers are making something like 75-80,000 per year.

And werner trucking ads say Werner drivers are among the highest paid in North America ...How long will the wind tower hauling last and will every driver leased to ATS instantly be able to run it?

catalinaflyer 12-31-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's (Post 431511)
How long will the wind tower hauling last and will every driver leased to ATS instantly be able to run it?

It will continue to expand till at least 2020. Every forcast from every wind energy company is for continued expansion for the next 10 to 15 years.