Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   How come every company is on the crap list? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/32666-how-come-every-company-crap-list.html)

sbatson 02-28-2008 07:55 PM

How come every company is on the crap list?

It seems like every company you find on here is talked down on so why do drivers keep on driving and swithcing companys if it never gets better?

greg3564 02-28-2008 08:17 PM

They think the grass is greener. The they get there and find the grass hasn't been watered in a long time.

Seriously, a lot of drivers look at those truck stop magazines with the flashy ads from different companies. Often they don't do enough research and switch companies on impulse.

02-28-2008 08:40 PM

Don't forget that there are alot of worthless drivers out there that used to drive for a good company. These same drivers blame the entire world for their misfortunes,make excuses for everything and usually hate everything and everybody.

Mackman 02-28-2008 08:44 PM

Walmart and UPS aint talked down on here :wink:

saber11 02-28-2008 08:47 PM

I was wondering the same thing.

I see the people that are the most vocal on the internet be it about their jobs or their cars or whatever are the disgruntaled masses.

02-28-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman

UPS has the worst drivers on the road.

Sheepdancer 02-28-2008 08:56 PM

I have hired both UPS drivers and Walmart drivers when I was hiring for JB. They werent happy there. You will find unhappy drivers and happy drivers at all companies.
Ive said this before, but I will repeat it again. In all the years recruiting and talking to 1000s of 1000s of drivers about their employers, the company Ive talked to the most happy drivers at was Swift. Of course they are the largest....but they have A LOT of happy drivers there. Also they get the most complaints

sbatson 02-28-2008 09:09 PM

Ok I'm still new at all of this but correct me if I'm wrong, the true story looks like they do make money and they do get miles and they mess up the perfect job because of there own doing and I've some here say they can work McDonalds 60 hours and make more money then they are now, so why dont they take that McDonalds job and be home with there family?

Smooth 02-28-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil McCracken
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman

UPS has the worst drivers on the road.

Maybe the box trucks , surely not the doubles or triples drivers .

jonekatz1 02-28-2008 11:22 PM

how come every company

Not all transportation company's are bad mouthed on this forum. two I have noticed that are not are Poly Trucking Co. of Grand Priarie, Tx. & Don Hummer Trucking Inc. of Oxford, Ia. and the only true non-forced dispatch trucking companies that exist as far as I know. When you spend 25 to 30 years of your life living on the road Sleeping in someones truck & Listening to someones Drivel the Green grass might be your own front yard & the Adventure just might be sleeping in your own bed. :wink: :idea: