Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Schwans (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/32398-schwans.html)

Sheepdancer 02-16-2008 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by RebelDarlin:
It really depends what Division you're talking about. Home Service is the door to door sales thing. But they also have a Retail side that is about the same as any other retail delivery job. You get pre-orders from the stores and then deliver and setup. Schwan's retail products include Red Baron, Freschetta and Tony's pizza, Mrs. Smith Pies Asian Sensations and others I don't remember off hand. They also have an OTR division that delivers from the suppliers to the individual depots. (That's probably what you're recruiting for Sheepdancer)

Find out which Division you're looking at.

http://www.theschwanfoodcompany.com/about.cfm

Reb

I dont recruit for JB anymore and they started recruiting for them after I left. However, I do know they are recruiting for all positions...even the home delivery. I still hang out with a bunch of people working there.

Sheepdancer 02-16-2008 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by DaveP:

Originally Posted by Sheepdancer:
I talk to my Schwans guy all the time. He loves his work. Makes about 68 grand a year ( he has a very upper middle class and rich neighborhood for his route) He works until about 8 or 9 every night and has weekends off. It is pretty much a straight commission job, and if you have good sales skills you can do very well.

Most accurate so far....(I did home delivery in NH in late 80's)

And the products are excellent (but some a bit pricey)

Yeah, I love the food. My schwans guy makes a fortune off me. I usually spend 200 bucks everytime he comes by.
I dont find them pricey at all. For the quality and amount of food you get, plus its delivered to your door, I think its very cheap.

Orangetxguy 02-16-2008 11:49 PM

Re: Schwans

Originally Posted by dk1ben:
Wanted to see if I could get some updated info on this company. The last and only post was back in 2006.

As most of you know I am weighing my options out with whats available right now. Let me know what you know.

Thanks for your time.

I gotta ask...are you enquiring for information on Schwans OTR trucks??

If so..might want to try talking with Schwans direct. http://www.schwansjobs.com/publish/c...eLogistics.htm

Kurbski 02-16-2008 11:57 PM

I talk to my Schwans guy all the time. He loves his work. Makes about 68 grand a year ( he has a very upper middle class and rich neighborhood for his route) He works until about 8 or 9 every night and has weekends off. It is pretty much a straight commission job, and if you have good sales skills you can do very well.

Most accurate so far....(I did home delivery in NH in late 80's)

And the products are excellent (but some a bit pricey)

Yeah, I love the food. My schwans guy makes a fortune off me. I usually spend 200 bucks everytime he comes by.
I dont find them pricey at all. For the quality and amount of food you get, plus its delivered to your door, I think its very cheap.

I think the key to making money with a retail delivery food plan is to find a good niche. Like SD says delivered to his door . And a nice neighborhood that can afford the luxury. Also I would look for newer subdivisions out away from grocery stores. or maybe get into a large business and take orders from people at their workplace to deliver at a later time or make an appointment. if you are able to get into a place and give away food samples, it will help big time.

Driving isn't the problem..Filling orders that amount to $$ is the key.
I wouldn't drive around knocking on doors..But AMWAY always planted a " bug pack" to get back in the door and close the sale. Because it's the old rule of reciprocity in sales. Who doesn't like to eat?

Bigmon 02-17-2008 01:40 AM

[quote="Kurbski"]

)

Also I would look for newer subdivisions out away from grocery stores. or maybe get into a large business and take orders from people at their workplace to deliver at a later time or make an appointment. if you are able to get into a place and give away food samples, it will help big time.

Deliver to the people in the FEMA trailers. :lol:

Blind Driver 02-17-2008 02:06 AM

I thought delivering food poisoning required a hazmat endorsemnt :lol:

dk1ben 02-17-2008 03:28 AM

Hazmat! LOL

I had there hot wings one time. My situation became a hazard problem later that night!

Thanks for the support and information.

I am looking at door to door sales position.

Talk to you all later.

BigDawg 02-17-2008 09:36 PM

just dont come to my house at 10:30 p.m. trying to sell me a tub of ice cream you might get more than a sale out of it. :x and thats a no chitter

rank 03-01-2008 01:47 AM

Ken Schrader was a good driver for them.